N Gauge controller

Hi All
I've been reading the group for a time now, and being a newcomer, I have lots of questions, which I am answering one at a time with help from clubs,
friends reading this group, and Google. One thing I cannot find out is: on my simple N gauge layout (oval with three spurs, and I train), I would like to construct my own controller, with the ability to add points control and lighting at some future date. I am electrically proficient, but cannot seem to find a wiring diagram to be able to make what I need-so over to the experts here! Anyone able to help please?
Many thanks in advance,
Tony Smith Email snipped-for-privacy@tony-NOTHANKSsmith.me.uk (remove caps)

seem
Try Complete Book of Model Railway Electronics by Roger Amos:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Alfie.
On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 19:11:33 GMT, "Alfie"

Or try the links page on the merg website, lots of circuits there, <http://www.merg.org.uk/links.htm generally its best to keep seperate supplies for trains, points and lighting so just look for a train controller to start with. It doesn't have to be specifically N guage, all gauges work the same way. Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit <http://www.grovenor.dsl.pipex.com/ Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.