Help Needed N Gauge

I am looking for 2 x Mk1 Farish coach roofs and 6 x Mk3 Farish coach roofs to complete some pieces I bought a while ago when Farish were selling off extras.

Bachmann do not do any spares of this sort as far as I can find out, nor are they likely to, and I am unable to find anyone else able to provide replacement parts.

I also require underframes for the 2 x Mk1's and for 2 x Mk3's

I may be able to get the Mk3 underframes.

Has anyone any positive ideas towards a solution?

Maybe you have some spare bits available?

If so let me know and we can trade.

regards

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Don't you ever get tired of posting this? Past lack of reponse should give you a clue.

Reply to
MartinS

Just buy new coaches complete, try ebay. And use your shells to practise painting. Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

Thanks for that Martin.

You last complained because of lack of detail.

Add me to your hit list mate.

Reply to
Joe

Thanks for that Keith.

Do not really want to do that.

Add me to your hit list mate.

Reply to
Joe

Well, if you don't want to scratchbuild the roofs either, that's what you will have to do. No one here has offerd to sell you those parts, which means either that no one has any, or that they have good use for them themselves. Or else the only way they could accommodate you is to take the roofs off the coaches they have...

The following methods have been used successfully by some people, but not by me, so I can't vouch for them. (I model in HO, in which suitable formed wood and plastic coach roof shapes are available.)

Cut plastic sheet of about half the final thickness of the roof somehwat larger than the roof. Mold it to a suitable by curve by strapping it to a suitable piece of wooden round with rubber bands and immersing the lot into near boling hot water. Using gloves, smooth the plastic down onto the wood. Let cool. Cut a piece to fit just inside the shell, and glue to an uncut peice. Cut the top piece so that it's slightly larger than the shell, offer up to the shell, and file to fit seamlessly. Add the bits and pieces on top, etc. If the ends of the roof have a curve down to the coach ends, then use three thicknesses so you have enough material for shaping that curve.

Other people have cut a piece of wood to fit inside the shell, and sanded its upper side to the shape of the roof. Coat with thinned plastic glue, let dry, lightly sand, and glue a piece of thin plastic card to it to form the lip which rests on the coach side. Offer up to shell, and file to fit seamlessly. Add bits and pieces etc.

?????

HTH&GL

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Thatnk you Wolf for your helpful advice.

Helpful advice is always welcome rather than the usual standard response of "go away and don't bother us!".

I will take what you say on board and give it a try.

Regards

Joe

Reply to
Joe