Flying Scotsman Coaches

Does anybody know the coach configuration for the LNER Flying Scotsman? I need to know the coach type, running numbers, and their place in the line up? There would have been 11 coaches in all, comprising of 1st class,3rd class,(and composites)brake, dining and kitchen, but how many of each?

And finally, how many of these are available in Hornby OO Guage??

not askin' for much am i?? lol

Reply to
Chris

Try this :)

RTR

Reply to
Chris

np - with the new gresley coaches from hornby you may be able to do a better job of matching the coaches mentioned for the prototype

Reply to
Qu1cks1lva

And was there not a triplet set from Ian Kirk now sold by Colin Ashley

Reply to
Trev

"Trev" wrote

Colin Ashby has now retired (lucky sod) and I believe he has sold the former Kirk range of Gresley coaches. Not sure who has them now.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Keep the info rolling in lads! Ian Kirk only mentions O scale though. Just found out its Colin Ashby, and his range has been taken on by Cooper Craft.......more to sift through again!

Reply to
Chris

Comet does the triplet set, their code E22, see

Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

Coopercraft (ex Ian Kirk) 8865 triplet resturant set can be had from coopercraft themselves:

Tony will be able to confirm whether this is suitable for the 'flying scotsman'

Craig

Reply to
Craig Douglas

Why "lucky"? I thought you enjoyed your work?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

In message , kim may have written...

Ah but there's a difference between wanting to be there and not. Although I really enjoy my job, if I had the option of working or having a lie in and spending the day doing what I want to do, I know what I'd chose! Besides, there wouldn't be anything to 'stress' (if such a thing exists) you out with the daily grind etc.

Reply to
James Christie

"James Christie" wrote

Work for me has always been a means to earn enough cash to do what I like doing, not much more I'm afraid. Having said that I've always believed in trying to give value for money whether working for someone else or for for myself.

Doesn't mean a Lottery win wouldn't be welcome though! :-)

Stress certainly does exist. I tend to suffer badly from it, although when you're self-employed it isn't a recipe for lots of paid time off.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I haven't made a scientific study of the subject or anything but I believe those who choose to do nothing after retirement often die within a couple of years. It is those who remain active who live the longest. Most of us here - if we were retired - would still be doing something model railway-related.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

And yet you spend most of your spare time doing things which are model or railway related? Most of us dream of being able to do a job which was also our hobby.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

In message , kim writes

Obviously my father is an exception. He was 93 when he died, and he was very inactive after retirement.

Reply to
John Sullivan

And many find that doing so spoils there enjoyment of what had been a worthwhile hobby, I would say that John is one of the few who are able to combine both a hobby with a career and still enjoy the hobby.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

I know a couple of hi-fi shop managers who gave up much better paid jobs in order to sell hi-fi because it was their hobby. One of them memorizes the specs for Sony amplifiers in his spare time and would still do it even if he wasn't being paid. My dad has never needed to work since he is the heir to an engineering fortune yet he trained as a children's psychiatrist, enlisted as a major in the British Army and is still on active service at the age of

  1. (kim)

Reply to
kim

'Activity' in this instance doesn't necessarilly mean physical activity. It means having an interest in life, a reason for living.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

where on earth is this thread leading to now?!!?

Anyway, thanks to all for the info on the FS coaches. I hope to have enough to go on to make my line up. If not, i'll be back!

writes

railway-related.

Reply to
Chris

":::Jerry::::" wrote

Guess what I've spent my Sunday off doing? Reworking the station area on my model railway - sad or what? :-)

Actually selling trains is a whole lot different to modelling.

John.

Reply to
John Turner