need a forum

"Yes, we'll sell you a nice fast internet connection: just one catch: you aren't allowed to use it."

Which is fine if all you want to do is brag about how phat your pipe is down the pub, but not if you actually want to use it to do anything.

James Moody

Reply to
James Moody

OK, I'm still not getting this. What do you actually mean by "capping"?

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

"Steve W" wrote

'Capping' is a preset limit to the amount of data you can download in a given period. In the case of my ISP take a look at:-

where the cheapest option has a 2Gb per month download limit.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

AOL Silver is genuinely unlimited 1Mb for £17.99. I use AOL Gold which is

2Mb for $24.99. Slight catch is you need an alternate server to connect to Usenet. I've noticed some slowdown during peak business hours but so far have had no complaints from AOL either about the amount or the nature of the files I download which total several gigabytes per day.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

OK, now I get it. I thought you might have meant the amount of data downloaded in an hour, or a day, or whatever.

Well, my ISP offers different monthly capacities. You pays your money and you buys what you need. I bought 2 GB. If I go over in a month, there is no cap, but there is a small charge per GB that I go over. I'm not sure why you feel this is a problem, or unfair in some way?

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W