New Measurement train

Hi Guys

I am planning to take my first steps into re-painting a model. As a starting point I have chosen to make a Network rail New measurement train from an old HST. It looks like a simple place to start.

My question is, how do I convert the clear "glass" from the original Mk3 coach stock to the smoked glass for the NMT.

Any simple ideas gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Reply to
Ed Sharp

How about Johnsons Kleer (AKA Future) with a VERY small touch of a suitable colour food dye mixed in (you only want to tint it, not colour it). I've used this method for aircraft identification light covers.

Regards Keith

Reply to
Keith Lanham

I'm using the Hurst Models conversion kit. They recommend the use of tinted glazing - available from Hurst Models - who else!

I've now done 3 out of the 5 coaches so far. Coach 4 is ready for the overlays and the power cars have been paint-stripped, ready for buffer beam conversion.

Don't forget the Mk2 High speed track recorder coach, although I believe that this is due to be replaced by a "new" Mk3 conversion. The Mk2 will then form part of a NMT 2, with Mk 2 vehicles.

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

1) Don't use Humbrol cellulose dope.