Ontracks - starting to get fairly unimpressed

The products Ontracks have been unable to supply include:-

Gas Retort Building

90Ft. Diameter Gasometer

Weighbridge Office

Electrical Sub Station

All are Graham Farish products - all currently listed as "Not in stock

- we will order to fulfill your requirements."

They have had three months to do this - no success.

Martin Nicholson Daventry, UK

Reply to
ukastronomy

So when did you last contact them? What did they say? Have you asked for your money back? Have they even taken any money?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Have you bothered to check the Bachmann/GF web site [1] for these products and checked that they are available/listed by Bachmann/GF...

Have you asked to either cancel or have a refund?

[1]
Jerry

No apology is due - nor is one going to be offered.

It is not my responsibility to check if a retailer is having supply problems. It is their responsibility to offer a explanation to me as the customer. At no point have they mentioned this excuse, although we have exchanged a number of emails over the last three months.

Incidently Jerry your reputation proceeds you so into the "kill file" you go.

Reply to
ukastronomy

"ukastronomy" wrote

Not at all. Have you ever thought that the supplier might not have stock? Try getting a Bachmann Branchlines BR green class 108 dmu from the manufacturer.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I say again -

Keeping customers informed of the progress of their order is simple good practice. For over three months Ontracks failed to offer any explanation for the delay in completing my order although we have exchanged a number of emails during that time.

One of the reasons why we have to endure the far worse standards of customer service in the UK than in the USA is that we allow firms to adopt this casual approach to customers without complaint. This is called "making a rod for your own back"!

Martin Nicholson Daventry, UK

Reply to
ukastronomy

Looking at if from the other side, telling US customers that a supplier cannot supply and cannot give a due date is accepted, if a little grumpily. Telling a UK customer the same often results in abuse and threats of legal action. That is also called "making a rod for your own back"!

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamends

.com...

I think you miss the point, explained by Martin, that in all the e- mail exchanges the retailer never pro-actively explained why there was a delay. If they had, perhaps we souldn't be having this discussion.

The *retailer* should explain what is going on and offer to either cancel the order or put the items on back-order. After that they should give regular updates, at least when asked of whet the situation is.

Why should a customer have to go looking at websites for themselves?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

snipped-for-privacy@p11g2000yqe.googlegroups.com...

I should have pointed out that I was commenting in the general sense, as I am not privy to the content of those e-mails.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamends

: I think you miss the point, explained by Martin, that : in all the e-mail exchanges the retailer never pro-actively : explained why there was a delay. If they had, perhaps we : souldn't be having this discussion.

No I haven't, this retailer had already stated that they are out of stock and are awaiting supplies from the manufacture - the OP admitted that in his very first post - how many times do you think they have to repeat themselves!

: Why should a customer have to go looking at websites for themselves?

If I was disbelieving what the retailer had told me it would be, in this age of the internet, be my first port of call, but then all my brain cells are still working it would seem!

Reply to
Jerry

snipped-for-privacy@l22g2000vba.googlegroups.com...

No. They didn't, and he didn't! For the hard of reading, here's that first post again:

"I am starting to get fairly unimpressed with Ontracks. My order dates back to Nov 23rd 2008 (over six weeks ago) and four of the items I ordered have still not been received.

Has anybody else had similar problems with obtaining Farish products from them?

Martin Nicholson Daventry, UK"

You've already tried, in an earlier post, to assert that the OP had already listed the items he had on order and were proven wrong. Now your doing it again.

That's the problem. According to Martin, despite an exchange of e- mails, the retailer hasn't really told him anything to disbelieve.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

: No. They didn't,

Yes they did, it was mentioned on the invoice.

Reply to
Jerry

snipped-for-privacy@j35g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...

So show us where the OP said that in his first post.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Man at B&Q is exactly correct in his summary of the situation.

Jerry on the other hand seems to take a perverse delight in misquoting me - or just plain lying. Of course it is far too much to ask for Jerry to apologise for the misquotes, his type never do!

Martin Nicholson Daventry, UK

Reply to
ukastronomy

Never had problems with ontracks themselves. But on 2 occasions after buying goodsfrom them, within days - Credit card fraud was committed. ( only a few pence here and there....) After ringing them, they did confirm that there was a security leak within their system. I knew for sure, as after being sent a replacement card after my bank picked up on fraud the first time, I ordered again from ontracks and hey presto - it happened again...

But apart from that, I can not complain about anything. Good service - speedy delivery and friendly people there.

Reply to
far-lands

"ukastronomy" wrote

Can't argue with that.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

.com...

So now you are a mind reader?

Nor any other post.

Try reading the thread again. Then try a dose of humble pie and then maybe we can all move on.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

snipped-for-privacy@q11g2000vbn.googlegroups.com...

I don't need to. Your the one making incorrect assertions about what the was/was not said in the thread.

No, I don't believe he was - fact.

That fact is that the retailer did not explain the situation in three months of e-mail exchange. That deserves an airing IMHO.

How many times has it got to be said that a good retailer would have given the OP the full story instead of what sounds like stringing him along.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

: > Try taking your own advise.

: I don't need to. Your the one making incorrect : assertions about what the was/was not said in : the thread.

No, not incorrect, just not 'on message' for the idiots on this group.

The fact that the OP used the subject line "Ontracks - now very unimpressed" when he was actually asking about Scenecraft availability (something like a subject line of 'Is there a problem with SceneCraft availability' would have been more appropriate of what was being asked), no, the OP was intent on bashing a retailer no mater what the FACTS are/were.

Sorry if you don't like someone standing up for the innocent retailer but all that proves is that you are the clueless one, not me.

Reply to
Jerry

I don't know how much simpler I have to make it for Jerry.

If I order a product from a retailer based on the offering on their website but who is out of stock - and who remains out of stock for three months - then to expect some explanation from the retailer is not unreasonable.

Note the words "from the retailer" Jerry.

Why Jerry feels that it is up to me to do the research and that it is fine for the retailer to do nothing defies logical analysis.

Reply to
ukastronomy