Ontracks - starting to get fairly unimpressed

Not my job to check with the manufacturer - it is the retailers responsibility to keep me informed. They chose not to do so for 3 months!

Reply to
ukastronomy

"ukastronomy" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@b16g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... : On 28 Feb, 09:48, "Jerry"

: wrote: : : Not my job to check with the manufacturer - it is the retailers : responsibility to keep me informed. They chose not to do so for

3 : months! :

But it is you job to help yourself, or do you still expect your mommy to wipe your arse too?...

Reply to
Jerry

The contract i.e. order is with OnTracks NOT the manufacturer.

Not keeping you informed after 3 months is very poor customer service and I am surprised at you =91Jerry=92 for defending that kind of service.

Helping yourself is all well and good but that=92s not what I and clearly many others expect from a company offering goods.

Perhaps OnTrack have taken too much on board and are unable to cope but that is NOT the customers problem is it ! I know of many companies who are all too happy to pass the blame onto a 3rd party but at least you know what=92s happening and, if necessary, make alternative arrangements. Perhaps that=92s why they don=92t do it ? Who knows ?

Chris

Reply to
chris.brett58

Jerry seems to have zero tolerance of anybody who has a view that differs from his own. So he insults the person that dares to differ from his personal view of the world and of course anybody else who agrees with the original poster.

The effect is that debate becomes inhibited or impossible and the value of the group gets diminished because of Jerry's selfish antics.

Jerry, have you got a personality disorder?

Reply to
ukastronomy

Stop talking about yourself.

Stop talking about yourself.

Stop talking about yourself.

Reply to
Man at B&Q

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 11:33:57 -0800 (PST), ukastronomy said in :

No, he's just trolling. Learn to use a killfile.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

"ukastronomy" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@e18g2000yqo.googlegroups.com... : On 1 Mar, 10:16, "Jerry" wrote: : : Jerry seems to have zero tolerance of anybody who has a view that : differs from his own.

No, that is your view, the reatiler is at fault and no about of eviance or common sence is going to change it, you have dug your - very deep - hole...

Reply to
Jerry

Kill file, you'll have to teach him what a newsreader is first...

Reply to
Jerry

Stop talking about yourself.

But I'm not the customer, do try to keep up at the back...

Reply to
Jerry

It takes 2 to tango. This isnt a debate and hasnt been for a long time - its a bicker. If you feel you have made your point and have listened to other points of view but still convinced you are correct then why not just say so, have confidence in your own opinion and move on.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Hi Martin

'His' comment that " UK's best online retailer who keeps their cool in the line of fire from ..... " is rubbish and is a common Troll response and I would say to 'Jerry' that these awards date back 5 to

10 years !

Peoples view of customer service is only as good as their last order, you cleanly are disappointed and dissatisfied with OnTrack's .... and in my mind ( and most others ) rightly so. After all customers pay for customer service in the goods they order / purchase.

Has 'Jerry' got a personality disorder ? As I commented earlier tonight I believe he has Asperger's syndrome and / or ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), the classic signs are there. I have asked him previously if he was on the Autistic Spectrum and he has not denied it.

OR

He's a TROLL and the only known cure for that is castration, so if someone will hold him I will go and get two bricks ( and a magnifying glass ) ... it wont hurt as long as I keep my thumbs out of the way :-))))))))))))))

May I make a suggestion Martin, next time you have these kind of problems with an on line retailer and you post your dissatisfaction onto this or any other group put a copy of your post to the retailer.

Chris

It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of fight in the dog.

Reply to
chris.brett58

Got a newsletter from On Tracks the other day with the following :-

" We've made some big changes and I want you to be one of the first to try them out...

Since my last newsletter the team have been working hard on improving our website to make your shopping easier and better. With all the big changes now working, this is your invite to check them out - and to encourage you, UK Postage is specially reduced to just =A31 for orders placed before Sunday 22nd March.

What's changed ?

Firstly we believe in giving you the greatest security and reassurance when shopping on line. So we have added Protx credit card processing - meaning your credit cards are now even more secure.

More payment options: You can now pay using Paypal - either using a Paypal balance or via their eCheck service.

NOT IN STOCK INDICATOR - we've been able to tell you what we and our suppliers have in stock since last year. Now you also see the opposite - when we don't have items in stock. This together with expected release dates will really help you decide about ordering items we can ship quickly versus waiting for items which are hard to find anywhere else. "

Bit too late for Martin :-(

Chris

It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of fight in the dog.

Reply to
chris.brett58

In most on-line groups you will find people on the autistic spectrum. They are prone to having almost zero tolerance of people expressing views that differ from their own.

They also tend to be against both the principle and practice of blogs, personal web space and the like because they perceive these as being places where views are expressed that they cannot shout down! They dislike Wikipedia for the same reason.

Martin Nicholson Daventry, UK

Reply to
ukastronomy

In most on-line groups you will find people on the autistic spectrum. They are prone to having almost zero tolerance of people expressing views that differ from their own.

They also tend to be against both the principle and practice of blogs, personal web space and the like because they perceive these as being places where views are expressed that they cannot shout down! They dislike Wikipedia for the same reason.

Martin Nicholson Daventry, UK

Reply to
ukastronomy

My original question to 'Jerry' WAS genuine .... his posts have all the hallmarks of him being on the spectrum.

Ie Rude, self opinionated, intolerant of other people=92s views & showing clear signs of a superiority complex but then at other rare times giving positive and helpful information.

What you have said is very true in many cases. They are OK with blogs and forums only if they have ultimate control.

Many with asperger=92s have a higher IQ but following my last few days =91test=92 posts I think our TROLL is just that :-(

Dare I ask you Martin what you think about On Track new website ?

Chris

It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of fight in the dog.

Reply to
chris.brett58

I'll tell you what I suffer from, I don't suffer fools gladly, I suffer trolls (liker you) even less!

Just accept it Chris, you are a ignoranus, you know nothing and think even less...

Reply to
Jerry

In most on-line groups you will find people on the autistic spectrum. They are prone to having almost zero tolerance of people expressing views that differ from their own.

They also tend to be against both the principle and practice of blogs, personal web space and the like because they perceive these as being places where views are expressed that they cannot shout down! They dislike Wikipedia for the same reason.

Martin Nicholson Daventry, UK

Reply to
ukastronomy

Do you have to keep talking about yourself all the time?

Reply to
Jerry

You're sounding like a broken record - that's the sort of response a junior school child would trot out.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

You hit the nail on the head there.

MBQ