Ontracks - starting to get fairly unimpressed

On 1 Mar, 22:30, snipped-for-privacy@o2.co.uk wrote:

In most on-line groups you will find people on the autistic spectrum. They are prone to having almost zero tolerance of people expressing views that differ from their own.
They also tend to be against both the principle and practice of blogs, personal web space and the like because they perceive these as being places where views are expressed that they cannot shout down! They dislike Wikipedia for the same reason.
Martin Nicholson Daventry, UK
ukastronomy wrote: <snip>

Do you have to keep talking about yourself all the time?
--
Wikipedia: the Internet equivalent of
Hyde Park and 'speakers corner'...
Jerry wrote:

You're sounding like a broken record - that's the sort of response a junior school child would trot out.
--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk /

You hit the nail on the head there.
MBQ

Really dont know what you lot are trying to achieve but you have lost a lot of respect with this stuff.
Been thinking about the original mail and comment. Seems to me that Ontracks is leaning towards being a box shifter and selling at box shifters prices. Now the OP is complaining about their level of service, the level he seems to want is not available from a box shifter. They get an order and wap out the product, if its not available then they might notify the customer but depends on order value and time available. They probably work on the principal that as long as they deliver for most of their customers they can afford to lose a few - especially those that take up extra time.
If you want a better level of service then you have to pay a bit more. Go for a smaller dealer who has a greater need to keep almost all their customers. I suppose its cheap impersonal service vs not so cheap personal service. Cheers, Simon

Q How are they able to sell the Bachmann Thomas range when Bachmann do not hold the licence for that range in the UK ?
Chris
It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of fight in the dog.

Well, obviously.
That doesn't explain why the licensor doesn't take action against them.
MBQ

On 1 Mar, 22:30, snipped-for-privacy@o2.co.uk wrote:

In most on-line groups you will find people on the autistic spectrum. They are prone to having almost zero tolerance of people expressing views that differ from their own.
They also tend to be against both the principle and practice of blogs, personal web space and the like because they perceive these as being places where views are expressed that they cannot shout down! They dislike Wikipedia for the same reason.
Martin Nicholson Daventry, UK

Does anyone else have a feeling of dj vu? Or is the poster someone with an obsessive compulsion to repeat himself?
--
Martin S.

Bachmann hold the licence for the USA. The Bachmann 'Thomas' models are sold here without faces - as purely freelance models.
John.

Thanks John !
Chris

Ah. I thought the assertion was that someone was selling the actual US licensed Thomas models in the UK.
MBQ
"Man at B&Q" wrote

You may be right, but I was just relating the legal position. It's very difficult in a free market situation to completely stop the sale of franchised items in non-franchised parts of the world, although I suspect if it became endemic here in the UK Hornby would take action.
John.
Jerry I'll tell you what YOU suffer from .... verbal diarrhoea.
So you don't suffer fools gladly and me even less ..... GOOD !
I will assume your spelling of 'ignoramus' as ignoranus is just your normal poor use of slang.
You say I know nothing and think even less ... but "I think, therefore I am" ...... cogito ! I know enough to insult you without resorting to slang, swear words and CONSTANTLY repeating myself, unlike you, with the same insults ..... or should I say truths !
Kind regards
Chris
Please reply via group. It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of fight in the dog.

SNIP normal bad taste
Youre back JC ! Someone told me you had died ....or was that just wishful thinking.
I think we all wait with anticipation your next positive contribution to the group ..... which based on you past posting history should be about May 2019 !
So you dont like me posting press clippings to the group ....
I have three comments to that :-
1.    Its called being friendly and letting like minded people know of upcoming events you are aware of, still you dont have any friends or a mind do you !
2.    If you dont like my posts put them into your kill file .... but then youre so large a TROLL you are afraid someone will say something about you. I have news for you YOURE NOT THAT IMPORTANT !
3.    GOOD :-)
Chris
Its not etc etc

What's your problem with that? So long as ther are related to UK Model Railways then I'm quite happy with them as I'm sure are many others who read uk-r-m-r.
MBQ

Stop talking about yourself.

Stop talking about yourself.

Stop talking about yourself.

Stop talking about yourself.
But I'm not the customer, do try to keep up at the back...
On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 03:47:16 -0800 (PST), ukastronomy put finger to keyboard and typed:

Indeed. Speaking from the perspective of someone who has managed an Internet retailer in a previous job, I'd say that it would be totally unacceptable to leave a customer in the dark for that long with no explanation. I don't think it's totally unacceptable for such a situation (an excessive delay in fulfilling an order) to occur, since that can happen for reasons beyond the control of the retailer, but if and when it does happen then the onus is on the vendor to keep the customer informed of the delay and, to the best of their ability, explain what's causing it and, if possible, give some indication of when they expect to be able to complete it. Even if the delay is, ultimately, being caused by the vendor's own supplier it's the vendor's responsibility to communicate any reasns for the delay to their customers. Even a a simple email along the lines of "We're sorry that we still haven't got the stock, we're continuing to press the manufacturer for an update on this" is better than silence.
Mark -- Blog: http://mark.goodge.co.uk Stuff: http://www.good-stuff.co.uk
: >wrote: : > : >I don't know how much simpler I have to make it for Jerry. : > : >If I order a product from a retailer based on the offering on their : >website but who is out of stock - and who remains out of stock for : >three months - then to expect some explanation from the retailer is : >not unreasonable. : : Indeed. Speaking from the perspective of someone who has managed an : Internet retailer in a previous job, I'd say that it would be totally : unacceptable to leave a customer in the dark for that long with no : explanation.
But they have not, the OP has acknowledged that the invoice indicated that the items were out of stock and that they would follow, how many times has the retailer got top repeat the same message - and as the manufactures web site is showing nil stock anyone with a brain can tell what the situation is.
I don't think it's totally unacceptable for such a : situation (an excessive delay in fulfilling an order) to occur, since : that can happen for reasons beyond the control of the retailer, but if : and when it does happen then the onus is on the vendor to keep the : customer informed of the delay and, to the best of their ability, : explain what's causing it and, if possible, give some indication of : when they expect to be able to complete it. Even if the delay is, : ultimately, being caused by the vendor's own supplier it's the : vendor's responsibility to communicate any reasns for the delay to : their customers. Even a a simple email along the lines of "We're sorry : that we still haven't got the stock, we're continuing to press the : manufacturer for an update on this" is better than silence. :
As I said, they have stated the reason, or do you expect then to send a daily email to the effect of "STILL NO STOCK" (the retailer could well have no other information themselves), if a retailer was to do that to me it would prompt me to cancel the order and never deal with the imbeciles again, but those with the attention span of a newt might welcome such frequent reminders...