OO scale chains

I've just almost completed building a goods crane. However, I'm now looking for some chain (that's what the prototype photo's appear to show), that is in 4mm scale.

Anyone know where I can get some that looks reasonable ?

Reply to
Ian Cornish

Try a local jewellers or watchsmiths.... (Not HM Samuels etc) They sometimes have the odd bit knocking about that suits that can be purchased at a reasonable price.

Andy

Anyone know where I can get some that looks reasonable ?

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

If the jewellers/watchsmiths can't help, try a model shop that deals with boat/ship kits - maybe a bit of scale anchor chain would meet the requirement.

Reply to
David Costigan

I think Slaters sell some at 40 links per inch, which may be too heavy, Hattons of liverpool used to advertise 'fine chain' but I never tried it. You can get some very fine chain from jewellers, I found some for a similar job on an N Gauge crane I built. Gold it cost £10 and I only needed about half for the job. Places like Index sell cheap jewellry chain but you may not find one fine enough there.

Good luck

Reply to
Mike

wrote

I don't think Slaters still sell this, or at least it's not arrived in stock on the last half-dozen occasions I've ordered it.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Have you tried Mainly Trains - some listed in 4mm catalogue

Bob Hope