Oxford Diecast / Hornby Mag Models

Has anyone had their free or set of Oxford Diecast models yet on offer in the Hornby Mag ?

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

I got the one from Model Rail - only thing of interest in the mag :-) Keep meaning to send off for the Hornby mag one.

Reply to
simon

Where was the offer please?

Reply to
winston

It was on a pull-out insert within the mag but you can also order via Oxford's website :-

Model Rail Offer

I've had an e-mail back from Oxford Diecast to say "The offers are being sent out and it may be a case that yours is on its way to you" Will wait till end of week then contact them again.

The offer is open till the 10th Feb for Hornby Mag

Reply to
Dragon Heart

It was on a pull-out insert within the mag but you can also order via Oxford's website :-

Model Rail Offer

I've had an e-mail back from Oxford Diecast to say "The offers are being sent out and it may be a case that yours is on its way to you" Will wait till end of week then contact them again.

The offer is open till the 10th Feb for Hornby Mag

Same with 'Model Rail', but they want £4.60 or thereabouts to send it to the US. I'm going to pass.

Typing the 'US' there reminds me of what you blokes said it stood for in the

1960s - Unserviceable.
Reply to
Lobby Dosser

There is no free Cresta.

Reply to
MartinS

One of the best bits of the offer is the catalog that comes at about the same time (but not with it). Has excellent list with photos of whats available that includes dates of manufacture. Can now buy stuff thats a bit closer to my modelling period instead of what I remember.

Speaking of modelling period, see in that forum where ill word not allowed comments about LMS locos still on the shelves few years after BR ones long gone. Now Bachmann seem to be ignoring pre-BR with their latest releases. Are we heading for the stage where Grouping liveries dont appear at all ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

In the smaller scales, yes.

I suspect the Big Four liveries will remain popular in the larger scales for some considerable time yet.

(kim)

Reply to
kim