Peco spares

Does anyone know if you can get spares for Peco products? Obviously the specific item I need is a replacement pingfuckit spring for a turnout. Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote

Yes, just contact Peco direct - but obviously wait until they re-open after the weekend.

Ring them on 01297-21542 and ask for 'Technical Advice Beaureau'.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Thanks, John, I'll give them a shout tomorrow. Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote

They *may* not be open until after the New Year.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Excuse me, have you got a pingfuckit spring for a turnout?"

*click* "Hello, hello...."

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

Does anybody here not understand exactly what a pingfuckit spring is? Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Ping! "oh fuckit!"

Someone on another group was singing their (Peco's not pingfuckits') praises very highly recently, having managed to obtain spares for an N gauge Jubilee.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Wow. How long has that been out or production?

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Kadee is kind enough to include spare springs with every pack of their knuckle couplers. The tiny knuckle springs do have a tendency to get lost.

Reply to
MartinS

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

: : Does anybody here not understand exactly what a pingfuckit spring is? :

It's obvious what it is, it's the spring that the "Fuckwit" idiot lost by not actually understanding what he or she was doing in the first place whilst trying to service a Peco point!

Reply to
Jerry

With stall motors like the Tortoise they recommend removing the spring so there is a possibility that s/h turnouts have them missing.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

: >"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in : >message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com... : >

: >: : >: Does anybody here not understand exactly what a pingfuckit : >spring is? : >: : >

: >It's obvious what it is, it's the spring that the "Fuckwit" idiot : >lost by not actually understanding what he or she was doing in : >the first place whilst trying to service a Peco point! : : With stall motors like the Tortoise they recommend removing the spring : so there is a possibility that s/h turnouts have them missing.

But then it would not have been described as "a pingfuckit spring"... Although you have suggested a solution to the intelligent question the OP hasn't (yet) bothered to ask!

Reply to
Jerry

I feel sorry for Jerry, it must be so trying being perfect in a world where everyone else is incompetent. I have no idea how the spring became dislodged from the bar but I do know that refitting it with the turnout in place was non-trivial. Luckily I had an old spare turnout from which I have borrowed the spring temporarily, and John was (as always) immediately helpful in pointing me the way of a likely replacement. So as usual Jerry added noise and acrimony not content. Pity, I suspect that underneath all the bullshit he probably knows some stuff, I just can't be arsed to wade through the noise in search of signal. Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

: : I feel sorry for Jerry, it must be so trying being perfect in a world : where everyone else is incompetent.

Well perhaps I am, for in my trade f*cking the job up could be the difference between life and death for the customer (and/or 'by-standers'), there is no space for the incompetent and when they are found they don't last very long if they refuse to find a clue - I hasten to add that I've been in my trade for over 30 years, before the ignoranuses on the group attempt to make an wise-cracks.

: turnout in place was non-trivial. Luckily I had an old spare turnout : from which I have borrowed the spring temporarily, and John was (as : always) immediately helpful in pointing me the way of a likely : replacement.

But did you actually need John to tell you what is printed on each Peco spec sheet, IIRC box, or stated on the Peco website

Jerry

Were you as snotty and condescending with the customers? Did they go elsewhere?

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Nothing left to reply to...

Reply to
Jerry

Translation: I've lost the argument, but I can't bear to not have the last word.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Goodge

[dishonest snip of Jerry telling us how he used to be in customer support and where I said I hoped he didn't treat his customers with the same snotty condescension he shows us]

Oh, the irony.

After you snipped your own snottiness, troll.

Was your rudeness towards somebody who asked about reoplacing the Peco over-centre spring really necessary?

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

: >

: >

: >Nothing left to reply to... : : Translation: I've lost the argument, but I can't bear to not have the : last word. :

Yes, that is one of the usual reason for descending into trolling.

Reply to
Jerry