photos of terrace backs? + ScaleScenes kits.

I've been looking for some photos (or a suitable location to take photos) to use as a back scene on an area of the layout where I don't have enough depth to put even half-relief buildings. So far I've found nothing. Ideally, I want a dozen or more terraced house backs which I can print. Can anyone suggest anything?

Incidentally, I've just bought the new Scale Scenes

terraced house kit, which looks pretty good. For those who haven't seen them, you buy a PDF to print and build as many as you like. They are very professionally produced and look better than other card kits I've used. All I need to do is train my kids to do all the cutting-out...

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian B

Adrian B wrote: I've been looking for some photos (or a suitable location to take photos) to use as a back scene on an area of the layout where I don't have enough depth to put even half-relief buildings. So far I've found nothing. Ideally, I want a dozen or more terraced house backs which I can print. Can anyone

suggest anything?

Hi Adrian

Getting a 'true elevation' photo of 5 or 6 terraced houses in one shot may be difficult as unless you are able to stand in say a bedroom window of a house facing the rear you will be unlikely to get a wide enough field of view. You could always take one property and copy it a number of times !

Have you tried estate agents web sites ?

One place you may get a photo is Railway Terrace opposite Derby train station The Derby Historic Buildings Trust redeveloped the houses which were Railway cottages, probably the earliest such development in the country. They were built by the North Midland Railway Company between 1841 and

1843 for its employees at the same time as the Station and the Midland Hotel. If no luck you can always get a good pint at the restored Brunswick Inn a pub famous for its beers and beer festivals.
You may also find something on
Dragon Heart