photos of terrace backs? + ScaleScenes kits.

I've been looking for some photos (or a suitable location to take photos) to
use as a back scene on an area of the layout where I don't have enough depth
to put even half-relief buildings. So far I've found nothing. Ideally, I
want a dozen or more terraced house backs which I can print. Can anyone
suggest anything?
Incidentally, I've just bought the new Scale Scenes
terraced house kit, which looks pretty good.
For those who haven't seen them, you buy a PDF to print and build as many as
you like. They are very professionally produced and look better than other
card kits I've used. All I need to do is train my kids to do all the
cutting-out...
Adrian
Reply to
Adrian B
I've been looking for some photos (or a suitable location to take photos) to use as a back scene on an area of the layout where I don't have enough depth to put even half-relief buildings. So far I've found nothing. Ideally, I want a dozen or more terraced house backs which I can print. Can anyone
suggest anything?
Hi Adrian
Getting a 'true elevation' photo of 5 or 6 terraced houses in one shot may be difficult as unless you are able to stand in say a bedroom window of a house facing the rear you will be unlikely to get a wide enough field of view. You could always take one property and copy it a number of times !
Have you tried estate agents web sites ?
One place you may get a photo is Railway Terrace opposite Derby train station The Derby Historic Buildings Trust redeveloped the houses which were Railway cottages, probably the earliest such development in the country. They were built by the North Midland Railway Company between 1841 and 1843 for its employees at the same time as the Station and the Midland Hotel. If no luck you can always get a good pint at the restored Brunswick Inn a pub famous for its beers and beer festivals.
You may also find something on
Dragon Heart

Site Timeline