Ping John Turner

John, the body on the 08 is linked to the chassis by a painted steel wire (representing a pipe). Any idea how to remove this?

Thanks

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote

I gripped the wire (with pointed pliers) where it joins the body (just above the steps) and gently pulled from memory.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

How else could you remember how to pull? :)

Cheers Robt P.

Reply to
60106

I guess you are talking about the Bachmann 08?

Tip!

Cut the "pipe" (wire) adjacent to the front L/H corner of the loco and remove the part above the steps. This enables easy removal replacement of the loco body. The "pipe" is still visible from the front where it is most prominent. No one notices the bit missing from the side!

HTH

Eric Williams

Reply to
Eric Williams

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 18:51:09 GMT, Eric Williams said in :

Hornby, although I guess the same would apply.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

I prized mine out with a very small flat modellers screwdriver, but still chipped the white paint.

dont forget the pipes on the cab rear and the air pipes on the fron too.

Reply to
Piemanlarger

small flat modellers

Not seen many of them about ;-)