Platforms

Hi,

Does anyone know if their is a company that make 'ready made' European continental station platforms.

I can find kits but so far no ready made ones.

Cheers

Mark

Reply to
Mark

"Mark" wrote

Wrong group - this is for UK modelling only.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I think Fleischmanm (sp?) sell setrack platforms (similar to the Hornby ones), but for thier pre-ballasted setrack, so they would probably be too high for real ballast. To bring this on topic[0], IIRC it has rough stone sides and gravel top, so it might be suitable for a 4mm narrow gauge main line (something similar to the early IoMR). It might also be a suitable height for TT[1], but I suspect anyone working in TT would be happy scratchbuilding platforms anyway.

[0] This group is for models of .uk prototypes, (and I assume the Gurnsey Railway and IoMR would be on-topic as I haven't seen any other appropriate groups for them), and covers light and heavy rail and railway-like tramways (such as the W&U or Selsey Tramway). [1] I think they are slightly over 1cm high, and 8-9cm wide, but it has been a while since I last saw them and I don't have a catalouge handy.
Reply to
Philip

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 02:15:49 +0100, "Mark" said in :

As noted, I think Fleischmann may be your best bet, but I understand that the Swiss and Austrians are very keen on railway modelling. I have no idea how good this lot are but Google gave me

as a source for Swiss and Austrian outline.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?