Pricing

My 'local 'model shop charges list price for everything, hence I don't even bother going in there, even adding postage the box shifters are still significantly cheaper:-/

I wonder if Hattons use some automated demand mangement software on their on-line store, the prices do seem very volatile on in demand items at times.

Reply to
airsmoothed

I live a few miles from Hattons, and usually buy from them by visiting the shop, not mail order. As a result, I monitor their website regularly when new items I want seem to close to release, and I register for their email notification service in respect of items I might be interested in buying.

In recent years their pricing policy seems to have become more volatile, particularly since the email notification service started. Presumably, this service gives Hattons a good idea of the likely demand, and prices can be adjusted accordingly. What appears to be a "customer service" is actually a product pricing tool.

It is also noticeable that the pre-release price quoted in advance is usually only valid for about 7-10 days, after which the sort of increase noticed to start this thread often, but not always, occurs.

Colin Antrobus

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
antrobus