Radii of Peco Streamline Code 75 curved points

If my catalogue is right, all three turnout sizes have common track spacing and departure angles. If that is correct then they cannot have a constant radius throughout. The 2' radius turnout has only a short section of curve through the points and a nearly straight departure beyond that on the curved leg. The medium turnout has a more constant curve. The large radius turnout has a relatively gentle curve from point until near the frog and then a tighter curve to match the departure angle.

Reply to
Greg Procter

It is this tightening of curve that causes my stock so much trouble. The small radius points have a very similar geometry at that departure.

Reply to
Peter Abraham