Re: UK - Brough & Doncaster 29/4/04 - Thumbnails

Big error - these have been sent to the wrong newsgroup - sincere apologies.

Amazing however that binary postings have appeared here. Cannot understand why.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Not on my server.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

(pointing and laughing ;)

Dinnae worry, they never showed here John.

Reply to
Jim M

Thought piccies weren't allowed here, John.

Reply to
D A Smith

"D A Smith" wrote

Have they actually appeared on your browser? They have on mine, which I find strange.

Anyway you're right, which is why I apologised immediately for posting them to the wrong group.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

If you are getting binaries check with your ISP they may well have a text only newsserver that you can change to. pipex has and when I switched to it the newsgroup service came in 10 times faster and free of spam and other rubbish. Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

"Keith Norgrove" wrote

I don't object to binaries at all, in fact the postings to which I was referring were accidentally posted by me to this newsgroup and the surprising thing was they actually appeared here on my newserver.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

It depends on your news server (not reader). I use a text-only server that filters out all binaries.

Reply to
MartinS

They have appeared on mine!

John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

"Phil" wrote

No they actually appeared on my newserver and I was able to verify that by contacting someone who also uses news.theplanet.net and also John Lancaster confirms (later in this thread) that they appeared on his too, but I cannot say which one that is.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In message , John Turner writes

They came out on Freeserve as well.

Reply to
Ian Birchenough

They all appeared on the freeserve newsgroup access. Maybe a "cancel message "may have been in order? As my server PC quite happily tied itself up in knots downloading a few kb's of pics...............................

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

"Mick Bryan" wrote

How on earth does one do that?

Ah well, it's not the end of the world - at least they were virus free. :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

A text-only server such as news.readfreenews.net or news.individual.net would not show them. Different servers have different policies re binaries posted to non-binary groups.

A cancel message would have little or no effect once a post has propagated beyond your own server (a matter of seconds).

Reply to
MartinS