Rebuilt West Country (Hornby)

Hi all Just installed a decoder and added all the detail bits and I am very impressed indeed! However the front boogie keeps derailing and all I can see is that it is catching on the front buffer beam detail even though I have bent it forward slightly. Esp on the flat bit before the instaner or whatever :-) It seems the whole boogie is forward a couple of mill. ??Any ideas as I cant wait to run it properly Rob

Reply to
Rob Kemp

Hi Rob, I don't think the bogie needs moving back, its that 'bulge' on the front of the bogie (for fitting the front coupling?) that needs filing off. Can't work out how to remove the bogie, though, so I can get my file to it without spoiling something else. Perhaps someone has already done this and can offer some help. Regards, Paul.

Reply to
paul_afrancis

The bogie is held on a metal plate which is secured by a screw roughly in the position that the mounting pivot was on the unrebuilt version. The securing plate will then come out, with the bogie attached. The bogie could be derailing because it is catching the buffer beam details, but mine derailed because the plate was incorrectly bent, and was not flat across the loco. I ground off the bump on the bogie. A bit of "tweaking" of that mounting plate should sort out the derailing problem.

Colin

Reply to
antrobus

Thanks all, thats what I thought. Its a shame to have to do the grinding though isnt it? Rob

Reply to
Rob Kemp