Regional Railways class 31

G'day guys,

Any of you reckon you can identify the Regional Railways liveried class 31 in these massive enlargements from 35mm negatives?

The coal sector 31 is 31200 and the pictures were made at Ravenglass in Cumbria on 21/6/95.

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Wotcha John.

Looking at the 1st pic, I thought it looked like the RR 31 had a little name plate. There were only 2 RR 31 with a "small" name at the time,

31421 "Wiggan Pier" and 31455 "Our Eli".

_Then_ I though, hmm I'd better make sure, so I checked Martin Bray's site... my goodness, it's a small world - just look at the date and the loco it's attached to!!

Jim M

"Jim M" wrote

Thanks Jim, I found that picture myself a little earlier after a couple of the lads on demod suggested 31421. There's another factor confirming the identity as "Wigan Pier" and that is 31455 has a fan cowl whilst 31421 does not.

Thanks for your help.

John.

Reply to
John Turner