backmann 4mt

Hi

Have just purchased the superb 4MT loco, 80120 in weathered condition. Must say l am really impressed with this one. What l was wondering was if any of you have any details regarding the real

80120, when built and where etc..

Thanks in advance for any info you can let me have.

Bazza

Reply to
rail rover

"rail rover" wrote

The Standard 4MTs were designed (and I believe built) by British Railways at Brighton from 1951 onwards.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Yo

From

(Great info. and gallery site this, Bookmark/Add it to your Favourites list!)...

Class: 4MT BR Number: 80120 Wheels: 2-6-4T Builder: Brighton Build Date: Jul-1955 Last Shed: 66A Polmadie Date Withdrawn: May-1967 Scrapped / Fate: Campbell Airdrie Date Scrapped: Sep-1967

HF exploring that site! :o)

All the best

Fling

Reply to
Flingel Bunt

Thats great, thanks very much for your help

Bazza

Reply to
rail rover

80120 allocations: 7/55 to Whitby 6/58 to Neville Hill 10/63 to Carstairs 5/64 to Polmadie 5/67 withdrawn

David

Reply to
gwr4090