Relative tractive effort

Just out of interest has anyone made any tractive effort comparisons between Bachmann's new 4 axle drive "Peak" and Hornby's 6-axle drive (with traction tyres) "Hoover".

My layout's not big enough for a thorough test, but both seem *very* capable in the haulage stakes.

Season's greetings, John.

Reply to
John Turner

Why don't you just load some open wagons up with lead or some sort of "weight," noting the weight of each wagon and thus train and let us know the results.

Reply to
piemanlarger

"piemanlarger" wrote

I could do that for sure, but I'm also looking for *independent* evidence of the relative haulage capabilities of both.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In message , John Turner writes

Somebody lend me a Hoover and I'll do it on my garden layout.

Reply to
John Sullivan

"John Sullivan" wrote

Oooh, now there's an offer. Will a Dyson do?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In message , John Turner writes