roay train coaches

Are the mk 3 ( i think) coaches used by Hornby as their current royal train purple/plum coaching stock anything like the actual vehicles? I want a "could be" 3 or 4 coach royal train.

Reply to
Piemanlarger

royal train

I suspect they are the closest you will get, the prototypes are based on the Mk3 stock design. There was a 3 part article in the Railway Modeller magazine in mid to late '81 (to celebrate the Royal wedding of that year).

IIRC Royal Train stock is covered by the Official Secrets Act.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::