S&D 7F 2-8-0

Help!

Does anyone know of a good photograph of a cab interior of the first batch of the S&D 7F 2-8-0s, preferably taken in the 1920s? (not too specific then???) This is the right hand drive version - all the preserved examples are LHD from the second batch. I do have a few good photos of the LHD cab, so is it just a case of mirroring everything? Life can't be that simple :-)

Reply to
Paul Boyd

I don't have a photograph to help you, but as a long retired ex BR loco pupil of the CM&EE I can offer some advice. Anything attached to the boiler will be the same RH or LH drive with the exception of the regulator handle which will be mirror image. The reverser will be the same unit but mounted on the other side and that leaves you with the brake valve and ejector which will be the same unit RH or LH but obviously on the driver's side. If you are going to worry about sanders etc you are probably going too far!

Alistair Wright

Reply to
Alistair Wright

Alistair Wright said the following on 27/03/2007 23:08:

Thanks for that info. It must be the right answer because it's the one I wanted :-)

When you're looking for photos of this sort of thing, front three-quarter shots get very tedious. For anyone photographing the current scene for posterity, future generations will be grateful for shots showing something other than the front three-quarters!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Could we have a rear three-quarters? or even a high angle front three-quarter shot?? A photo of the wagon behind the loco??? The second wagon behind the loco??? Please!

Reply to
Greg Procter

And how about exposing for the mechanical bits below the running plate which are so often lost in shadow.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

kim said the following on 28/03/2007 23:59:

Oh yes - that's the other bugbear. I've just been trying to decipher what goes on under a single car Derby Lightweight because DC Kits instructions are, er, slightly less than accurate on that score. At least it would be possible to go and have a look at Iris somewhere!

Reply to
Paul Boyd