Southern EMU

Dear all Given that we may not see Southern EMU's from Hornby now, can someone recommend the best kit to get for someone (me) who has never built a kit before, Merry xmas Rob

Reply to
Rob Kemp

I don't have a recommendation as such, as I've not built EMU kits before. However, I can say I'm looking into the Southern Pride kits for 4TCs to go with the Heljan 33/1 when they are released...

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

Ain't gonna happen! It's likely that Hornby have dropped the planned EMU... However, rumour has it Heljan have a 73 + 4TC on the cards. :)

Reply to
Rich Mackin

??????? Now that would be interesting. They might be testing the water for doing more Mk1 based EMUs in the future. But I'd have half a dozen 4TCs anyway (if they're done well ;)

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

someone

built a kit

planned EMU...

Well if they are going that far down the road they could easily produce a Mk1 based mainline SR EMU too...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::