Telev. Interf.

In message

I have decided to kill this thread in my newsreader.
Grow up, children.
--
Jane
British OO, American and Australian HO, and DCC in the garden
Roger Mitchell wrote:

The thing to bear in mind is that interference on freeview is more noticeable when it happens, known as the digital cliff. On analogue it just starts to get snowy. You may need to make changes to your aerial as there are number of anomaly's with the current frequency allocation which mean they are either low power or off of the optimum for the aerial group for analogue. This will be rectified when the switch over occurs in 2012. In the meantime pay a visit to http://www.dtg.org.uk and look at the retailer section fro recommendations for your transmitter.
As an example in East Suffolk the ITV mux is very low powered out of Sudbury, so as not to interfere with Dutch TV, which makes reception marginal in bad weather regardless of aerial etc.
Chris

Don't tell Jerry that.
MBQ

Thanks for agreeing with us at last.
MBQ

I wouldn't tell Jerry the time of day.
--
Martin S.

Hi everybody Many thanks for all the advice. I think that it is a poor show about the varying opinions & the bad language & name calling. Surely us railway buffs are above all that sort of thing. I intend to up grade my down lead to the tele. After some experimenting this evening I find that on dry nights the pixilation is minimal. So on damp nights trains will not run because of the wrong type of damp. That sounds like playing with REAL trains. Many thanks every body Roger.

You may need to vent your roof space better !
Yes I agree it is a 'poor show' about the bad language & name calling :-(
However I do find it hard to understand how one poster can post almost 19,000 posting in one month ....... then again it's not one poster is it !
Hope you manage to get your problem sorted.
Chris
<snip trolling>
Nothing left to reply too!....