The world's largest model airport opens at Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg - Telegraph

The world's largest model airport opens at Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/3n5wxfc or: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/picturegalleries/8492741/The-worlds-largest-model-airport-opens-at-Miniatur-Wunderland-in-Hamburg.html
Miniatur Wunderland is also the home of the world's largest model railway.

...which is absolutely amazing and well worth a look. You need to book in advance, though, it gets very busy. (When I went we bought tickets then had to come back a couple of hours later).
Neil

I'm impressed by their queue forecaster: http://www.miniatur-wunderland.com/visit/waiting-time/expected-upcoming/
Is it true that the airport has been modelled a scale sixty miles from the nearest city centre so they can faithfully represent Ryanair's German operation.
On Thu, 5 May 2011 10:30:32 -0700 (PDT), allantracy

They've obviously put a lot of work into it, like they did with Madurodam, but I still prefer Bekonscot.

Calls to mind the British scientists in the film "Help".