tip o' the day

i've been experimenting with LEDs, trying to make street lighting in

2mm scale. (i like operating my layout in 'night mode')

anyway's, i came across some side emitting Leds from maplins that are supposed to be used to light up lcd screens (pocket calculators etc) and they're perfect.

9mm across, so 4 and half foot in 2mm, 2 and a bit in 4mm, they cast off a very pleasant orange glow, and because they're oblong in shape they already look like floodlights. ie. ready to use, just need a pole :) (they'd be perfect for wall mounting on the side of buildings etc)

Not particularly bright, although i've only got it stuck to a 9v battery at the mo, but adequate enough for my needs. i'm going to use them for platform lighting and they're bright enough for that.

mutley

Reply to
mutley

Any images mutley? Both Pre- and Post-installation would be good to see.

-- email: snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com website:

(please remove one of the 5's in my email address to email me)

Reply to
Dave

Pictures, pictures, I want to see pictures :-)

Governor of Waldovia

Governor of Waldovia