Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Three Phase Converter Question
I've got a working 7.5 HP idler running a true 5 HP (24 amp draw) 120 gallon air compressor plus my Bridgeport and a couple of other smaller motors. This motor runs on a 40 amp breaker out of a 200...
2
2

Tried welding aluminum with DC :)
Tried both ways, DCEN and DCEP. Prior to that, I cleaned aluminum very well using a cheap brush wheel mounted on a 1/2 HP motor. The results were beyond bad. Instead of welding, an ugly opening...
3
3

soaking electrodes with water
in the other thread (Drying 6013 electrodes) someone mentioned that soaking cellulose rod in watter allows you to do all sorts of stuff, including cutting thick metal. my question is how thick? I have...
9
9

RE: Thermal Arc Arcmaster 185 welder
What happened to the Thermal Arc Arcmaster 185 welder? They were selling on Ebay a few weeks ago and then they just disappeared? Has there been a recall? Can anyone tell me where they are or where to...
5
5

Drying 6013 electrodes
I have a half box of 6013 electrodes which got lost in the shed for a while. Normally I keep electrodes in the house, but as I say, these got lost so they've spent about 5 years in an unheated shed. I...
8
8

Story with PICTURES: Repairing 7" Industrial Angle Grinder
A story with pictures, how I repaired a broken angle grinder. It is a massive 7" industrial angle grinder with 5/8-11 threaded shank. story is not yet over -- I cannot identify who made it (the...
18
18

How to swage a hole for welding in an aluminum fitting on a fuel tank?
Dear All, I am building an aluminum fuel tank out of 5052 H32 .090" that has aluminum fittings welded into swaged holes for finger strainers,external fuel gauge and filler neck. The holes will have a...
15
15

arc welding sheet metal the hard way
NOTE: the below is a bit of a ramble, and I really am not asking a question, except maybe a few at the end. read and enjoy. had the hydraulic speed handle on my cub cadet get loose, saw a bolt missing...
2
2

Acetylene safety question
I have a small leak where the adaptor screws into the valve on a dish-top tank. Can I use Teflon tape to seal it? TIA, Bob
6
6

plasma cutting video?
Unfortunately, we don't. I know of no plasma cutting video on the market (although I'd love to watch it myself, if it existed!). If anyone does find such a video for sale, though, please tell me, and...
1
1

Project plans needed
I am in a welding class with my son.... The time is currently spent with basic education of MIG, O/A Welding, SMAW and maybe some TIG and use of a Plasma cutter. I was thinking of building a slip...
5
5

Need more help with TIG
I was talking to my neighbor last week about the jury rigged tig setup I'm using. He sez, 'I gotta tig thing I'm not using'. So, I take a look and it's a Lincoln Hi-Freq unit, and is now sitting on my...
1
1

Pictures of my mini welding table
I found a relatively square 3/16" plate at home, and made this mini welding table, to be held in vise. It is very small and for use only to weld small things. It is, however, placed nicely on the...
4
4

Picture of my portable "dirty" grinding table
Made out of an old kitchen cabinet. I had it for quite a while, but only bothered to take pictures now.
2
2

20 AWG 5 wire
Looking to find a 20 guage wire that has 5 wires in it for a remote. Anyone know of anyone off hand who may have this? Thanks, Jess
3
3