another Miller motor

Hello everyone, I have a Miller bobcat 225 nt, I need a voltage regulator for the Onan motor. I can't seem to find iny info on line for onan, any one know where to buy parts for this in central Ohio, I am close to Newark. Thanks, Terry Jenkins

Reply to
Terry Jenkins

Look in the yellow pages, Businesses that service Onan (as well as other small engines) are everywhere.

JTMcC.

Reply to
JTMcC

Tried that, the only one I could find that carred onan parts was only open after 5 three nights a week ???????? May have to make a trip to Columbus Monday Thanks, Terry

Reply to
Terry Jenkins

Anybody that sells or services equipment that uses these small industrial engines, should be able to either help you or direct you to someone who can. Miller should have a list of factory authorized repair stations. These motors are used in everything from little welding machines to concrete mixers to manlifts to pumps. Call the local rental yards and ask them who can help you find a voltage regulator.

good luck, JTMcC

Reply to
JTMcC

Are you sure it's the regulator? I had a charging problem with my 225 and it was the stator windings. If you can't find a regulator, let me know. I have a good used one.

Tom

Reply to
Tm

Thanks to everyone ! I tried the Miller site, their link to onan didn't work, I tried the Cummins site, their link didn't work either. Will be on the phone this morning looking for parts.

Reply to
Terry Jenkins

I forget where I heard or saw it but I think that Onan has been sold to another company now. For some reason I think it was Robin but don't quote me on that.

This is only one of the reasons I hate the Onan on my welder. If I ever have any choice I will be choosing either a Kohler or a Honda. After repairing the engine on my welder once I learned me lesson and never again will I work on a Onan.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

The dealership for Onan motors is now Cummins Canada. I did searching for this also as I also have a 225NT. Thay have all of the parts for carbs and other. Onan was bought out in 97 by Cummins Canada.

Thomas

Thanks to everyone, found part at cummins of columbus, but ordered from volmer electric also in columbus, but closer to me. everything running again and back in service. Terry

Reply to
Terry Jenkins

Good deal.

JTMcC.