Cheaper Autoshades

Anyone ever use a cheaper autoshade perhaps one from Harbor Frite I mean freight ? Or Theisens ? I am looking at the ones under $75 for my home shop, I can't afford another Miller/Jackson . I just wondered how they compared ? Anyone ? Thanks, Iowa883

Reply to
Iowa883

They provide the same UV protection as top of the line units. And IMHO they work as well as the top of the line ones of just a few years ago in terms of switching from light to dark and clarity of vision. Main difference I see is features and manufacturer support.

FWIW I have a Jackson Nexgen. But then I didn't have to pay for it. Sometimes I just use a $20 regular helmet.

Reply to
Footy

A couple of the guys in my class have the cheapo and it seems to work fine. I bought this one

welding depot and it works well. The shell is not much better the harbor freight unit but the viewable area and speed are better, and the clear shade is lighter (see better in low light before striking) The price is between the 2 extremes and it has all the features of the expensive models. Over all, I like the helmet and would never have been able to deal with the manual type. Doug

Reply to
Douglas R. Probst