OT, best paint for fiberglass/plastic shutters

My wife is wanting to re paint our green shutters. Possibly a different color. What is the best way to prepare these and what would be the best paint ot use that will last the longest?

I appreciate it!

Reply to
stryped1

Not much experience with shutters but a fiberglass boat I wanted to look pretty, I'd repair all the dings and dents and sand it smooth finishing with , perhaps, 320 paper; spray a coat of epoxy high build primer and sand again and spray a finish coat of two part polyurethane. On a boat, in salt water, I usually reckoned on painting at about 10 year intervals.

For a somewhat cheaper finish I'd use primer, if it needed, and finish with a single part poly paint.

Reply to
John B.