Rate a Radnor

I am looking to replace the plastic POS Lincoln gun on my SP175+ MIG. I saw a Radnor today that runs about $100. Substantially better than what's on there, but still has the plastic collars to disassemble. Is Radnor a good brand? Should I look at anything else before replacing this gun? This is for casual use, not production welding

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Radnor is Airgas's house brand of generic stuff.

Tregaskis makes nice guns if you get the better version in each amperage range.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Do they take the same consumables, or do they have a special brand name? If so, are they any spendier than Lincoln stuff? I still have a stock of tips and a nozzle or three.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Every gun company makes their gun to use their parts. Very little crossover.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler