service manual for Dynast 200

Hi, does anyone know how I could get my hands on a SERVICE manual for a Dynasty 200? I already have the owner's manual. I'm electrically inclined and would like to fix my own machine should it go south.

--zeb

Reply to
zeb7k

Let me answer my own question just for others that may be curious. I called the Miller engineer today. Their main concern is that if they made the service manual (actually they call it the technical manual) widely available then people with little electrical knowledge will try to tinker with their welder and fry themselves. After I persuaded him that I was knowledgeable he emailed me the PDF! (What a relief, because I probably can't afford repairs. I got time but not money.)

I thought they would make an argument that they have to protect their authorized service network and that, sorry, you must take it to one of them, but no mention was made of that.

My welder was outside near a major lightning strike. It struck twice near by, each time I could hear clicks or pops about a second before the strike. The welder was plugged in but not switched on. Since then I'm getting a HELP 4 message when I turn it on. I will post again if I find anything interesting.

Reply to
zeb7k

What's that Lassie? You say that snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com fell down the old sci.engr.joining.welding mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue by Thu, 23 Sep 2010 08:08:43 -0700 (PDT):

That covers the 200DX right?

I'd like to look at that myself. Could you send it over?

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
dan