Syncrowave 250DX vs Dynasty 200DX

From a quick check on Mapquest, it looks like Mt. Vernon is pretty close to the route, perhaps an 80 mile, $20 detour. Perhaps Iggy can find you a Syncrowave 250 by then :)

Reply to
Pete C.

I think the distinction there is probably in duty cycle and control features, as well as overall ruggedness. The Diversion is a light duty / hobby machine, while the Dynasty and Syncrowave are industrial machines.

Reply to
Pete C.

Yeah, I think the Diversion is 180A at maybe 10% duty cycle and the Dynasty is 200A at a lot higher duty cycle. Most of what I did with my old machine was done on the low 5A-55A AC range though often I wished that range had a little more max, the next range is something like 20A-250A. I have this big old 92A input machine wired to a 30A circuit I ran for the little MIG welder I have, the first time I ever had this kick out was last weekend when trying to weld on the trailer.

I'm a beginner at this but I find that I need a lot more amps to start a weld in aluminum than I do to maintain it, the 180A at 10% would help to get a puddle started quickly and then back off and move it along.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

I tend to run my Syncrowave at around 150-175A for most of my projects in ~14ga square tube, of course I don't have the foot pedal maxed when welding either, just when establishing the puddle. When I did one project with 3/16" wall tube and 3/8" plate I had it set a lot higher of course.

Reply to
Pete C.

What's that Lassie? You say that RogerN fell down the old sci.engr.joining.welding mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue by Mon, 9 Aug 2010 18:02:34 -0500:

You mean the Dynasty vs the Diversion?

The dynasty has all the bells and whistles. Pulser, sequencer, AC balance, lift start/ HF start, pre/post gas flow, spot weld timer, frequency control, etc.

FYI, the Dynasty doesn't come with a torch, pedal, cables or regulator.

Reply to
dan