Uk guys. Was Advice needed re MIG welder

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

I got myself a secondhand BOC Telmig 110A. It's one of the big ones, two man lift into my van. Works beautifully :) I only need to do up to 4mm, mainly body panels on my old Volksies.

Mentioned to a friend that I was going to buy a Butters 180 and he said he had an old BOC jobbie taking up floor space (one transformer is dated 82). £50, around half of a 'huge' wheel of 0.8mm wire, loads of spare tips, argon regulator etc.

Chuffed to bits & saved myself around £300.

What's the best way of attaching a chain to my SIP to turn it into an anchor? ;-)

Reply to
Balders

Silly question ! MIG welding obviously ;-)

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Don't bother! SIP machines aren't heavy enough to be used as anchors!

Reply to
Potblak

Shame Gunner isn't over here. He could use it for target practice

Reply to
Balders