Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Junkyard Wars
--Saw it's back on Discovery Channel this morning. Looks like they're repeating some episodes. I gotta say that show's the reason I got into MIG welding, heh.
3
3

Popular Science magazine had a good emergency welding trick
Use battery cables to hook two car battery in series, yielding 24 volts... then a battery cable clamped to the work, and another holding your welding stick. Enough juice to temp repair a broken tie...
15
15

Syncrowave 300 Pulser unit wanted
Hey guys (and gals)... If any of you know of a working pulser unit for an older (25 years plus) Miller Syncrowave 300 for sale at a reasonable price, I'm interested. I have no idea what reasonable...
6
6

Odd Praxxair conversation
--Went to Praxxair yesterday to stock up on welding rod. I'd just snagged a few pounds of rod for mild steel and asked the guy what he recommended to tig chromoly. His answer was 'you can't do that;...
4
4

backhoe bucket repair
I'm working on my father-in-law's mini-backhoe bucket. It is old and has a lot of issues. What I was working on today was the fact that the toothbar (high carbon steel) was partly ripped loose at one...
2
2

Mig Pak 10 used
I just arranged to see and hopefully buy a "Mig Pak 10" welder for cheap tomorrow afternoon. Is there anything I should be looking for when deciding whether it is worth the $25? Mig is new to me - so...
9
9

Replace Amperage Control
Hello to the welders: I have recently acquired a small stick welder that operates on 110 volt supply. The existing amperage control is a two way switch that selects either 50 amps, or 90 amps. I do...
14
14

Best way to hold exhaust pipe together for Tig tacking
Next week I will be welding 304 stainless steel exhaust pipe together. I found that the most important thing in doing this was good fit and tight joints. So far everytime I have tried this in the past...
10
10

Boeing Surplus Retail Store Closing
I was at Boeing Surplus (Kent, WA) on Saturday, and got talking to the people who work there. The official word is that as of the first of the year the retail store will be closed. All small items...
2
2

TIG with Pulse?
I am planning to build a tube chassis vehicle and I want to invest in an AC/DC TIG welding machine. The thing is, there also is a similar TIG welding machine with a Pulse feature. Is this feature...
6
6

Copper welding question
I want to build stands for my glass sculptures out of solid copper. Can copper be TIG or MIG welded? If not, how about brazing? Could I get a rod that will take a patina like the copper? Thank you,...
5
5

Looking for advice on homemade spot welder design
(this is a copy of a post made on
37
37

Miller Gold Star 300ss welder??
Remove the 55s in email address to reply. or post in group, thanks I have a Miller Gold Star 300ss welder, Is there anyone that could give me any info on this welder, It is seemingly capable of doing...

Welder/Electrical giggles
Buddy of mine runs a nice automotive shop and a month or so ago, he calls and says his Tig welder died (ancient Miller 300 rebadged as AIRCO) and could I check it? Since he does a lot of A/C adapters...
1
1

Dallas gas supply explosion
(courtesy of Dave in Awesome footage of a welding gas supply company going up in smoke. Steve
13
13