Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

strength test Al (Aluminium, Aluminum) weld for quality
Hi Been learning Al-GMAW, as seen in other posts. Testing the quality of the weld... With steel welds, if you mess it up, the loss of properties is toughness not strength (in the main, to an...
3
3

My First Autogenous Aluminum Weld
(Not sure if that's the right word.) I needed to make a new moisture trap for my air drier. (dryer?) Instead of playing around with something automatic I decided to make a simple aluminum tank that...
3
3

Flanged Gate Valve
Gate Valve Parts Main gate valve parts: body, seat, gate, stem, bonnet and actuator. The main operation mechanism is very simple. When the handwheel is turned, it rotates the stem, which is translated...
1
1

Al-GMAW - restarts without burnback
Hi all Burn-back to contactor tip on pulling trigger is my big problem at the moment. Wire feed is smooth. I clean out the contactor-tip frequently with an oxy-acetylene nozzle cleaner - the set of...
3
3

Al-GMAW - straight run or whipping motion?
Hi again Al-GMAW Some say - straight run Others say - weave or "whip" You say?? Rich S
2
2

GMAW Al - Pulse or Spray?
Hi Welding overhead "into the top corner" PD/4F... I was getting burned, and it was ejecvting a blob of metal to every pulse. So switched to "straight CV GMAW" and - lo-and-behold - no problem - easy....
1
1

Ali GMAW 5356 hints
I'm now doing Ali with GMAW / MIG. 5356 wire. They say my welding is good. I'd like to take a little more searching view of the matter. Any good recommendations for background reading, videos,...

7018 fillet vertical down
7018 SMAW 3.2mm dia (1/8th-inch dia.) Had to do it. Overwelded anyway. Started with a bit of v-up just to be sure. But light frame angle-iron to a heavy steel column. Undercut on light section...
13
13

GMAW Ar/15%CO2 - good? (used in UK)
Hi everyone Reason for saying "in UK" is there's an orthodoxy which means it's difficult to get other than Ar/20%CO2. So for the rest of the world this "wow!" moment would come as a surprise. I worked...
14
14

lincoln 250-250 code9041 need polarity switch assembly can anyone help please
A 250-250 code 9041 lincoln welding machine need to purchase POLARITY SWITCH can someone help
2
2

Project Management for Business, Engineering, and Technology Principles and Practice 3RD EDITION
hi hope you are well, could i please get a solution manual for Project Management for Business, Engineering, and Technology Principles and Practice 3RD EDITION

Retail Source 5052 PIPE (not thin wall tube) USA
I've been working on another boat project and looking through various manufacturers websites I've found that aluminum water pipe might be the best solution for one aspect. I want a 5052 pipe a wall...
6
6

It's the steel !
I did the test someone suggested to check for shield gas with my TIG , it was getting gas to the nozzle . So I tried a few things , different filler , different steel piece ... and it turns out the 3x...
13
13

How low should I go ?
Man , that question is just fraught with possibilities ! To clear up any possibly salacious answers , I'm talking about the bottle pressure og my argon shield gas for the TIG welder . I'm down to...
11
11

manual solution
may I request manual solutions plant design and economics for chemical engineers fifth edition