Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cuttin' up
I'm all atwitter , my new plasma cutter is supposed to be here early next week . I see all kinds of things in my future that I would not have attempted with the cutting equipment I have now . This is...

Lincoln Ranger 250 GXT
I was running my Lincoln Ranger 250 GXT for a generator When it started loosing voltage, checked brushes and cleaned with comontator stone, still hasn?t gained all of its voltage back what else could...
1
1

Coded plate fillet PB (2F), butt PA (1G) 135GMAW
Hi all Coded MIG / MAG / GMAW (solid wire, active gas) * horizontal-vertical (PB) multirun fillet * open-root single V on-the-flat (PA) Say it's easy when you can do it, and in test conditions... Butt...
5
5

Auto body
I just made two useful welding-related discoveries I should share. The first is that a flush patch shouldn't be fitted too closely into a ground-out rust hole. The article I read suggested a gap the...

E7018 and humidity
OK , so I know that if not properly stored and kept dry this 7018 I've got is no longer "low hydrogen" . What I'm wondering is what other properties are altered and how it affects the weldment...
17
17

TIG again after 5 years, help
You know. One of the YouTube experts who is often hawking wares once suggested the same thing in a video using a spool gun to weld aluminum. A piece of Scotch brite pad back inside the hood to more...
4
4

My First TIG Weld - 304 Stainless
I picked up an AHP201 AC/DC pulse rig a while back. Its mostly sat on the cart, and other than a few plays at making some beads and trying to understand the 40 billion possible settings I have not...
4
4

Is Nitrogen Really Cheaper
I was working on a refrigeration system recently, and between silver brazing and purging we used up 2 plus small bottles of nitrogen. Still had some silver brazing to do and I just didn't want to run...
4
4

What gas ?
Which of the 3 common shield gasses is best for MIG welding stainless steel ? I have on hand argon and CO2 , no C25 at this time but i can get it if I need it .
2
2

weld conditions sustain 150A v-up
Hi Jim Promised to post on weld conditions. Wish hadn't - this is about being driven mad by not being able to check conditions which worked on a particular day, given covid19 pandemic and laid-off...
1
1

craftsman 35-230
Hi, Just picked up a craftsman welder model 35-230 i plan to use on a truck frame repair. The welder came without a lead cable.......anyone out there that can identify the correct lead connector for...
2
2

Get the Best Welder Rental Services - Red-D-Arc Welderentals
Red-D-Arc is the largest provider of welding machine rental and welder rental products and services in North America, with over 60,000 units in our fleet. Eliminate the cost and inconvenience of...
1
1

Welding table,checker plate.
Would I make the working surface flat or use the checker side as the table surface?
4
4

v-up E7018 150A 4mm / 5/32nd" rods
Lincoln Foundation's "Welding Procedure Handbook" has 5/32nd (4mm) 7018 at 150A for T-fillet|vertical-up|Code-quality|fair-weldability. Taught v-up T-fillet at college with around 85A and smaller rods...

Airco 300 squarewave welder. Need manual
Looks similiar to syncrowave 300