Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What's best for threading rod?
I've got a project that requires me to thread some 3/8 inch rod to mount a roof rack to a fiberglass shell. My question is what type of steel is best for strength? Cold rolled? Hot rolled? I only need...
7
7

Re: Aluminum welding/brazing.
Cass wrote: (clip) If you can solder, you can weld aluminum as all you have to do is watch the base and filler metal for fluidity and not go any further than what is required to melt them both....
13
13

Spot Welder Tips made of what?
I bought an H&S 4500 spot welder at a garage sale. It's the kind that welds wires onto auto body parts for pulling dents. Came without tips. Haven't yet found a local supplier...no sweat... 1/2" bolt...
6
6

Volume of CO^2
Hi I was trying to work out a method of working out the volume of CO^2 in a cylinder from a given weight, i assume the weights are fairly accurate. Does anyone if my method (on the following paragraph...
2
2

TIG Questions.
As a newbe TIG welder can someone please offer me advice in two areas. 1. What grit green grinding wheel should I should for grinding my tungstens, my arc seems to be wandering? 2. Do little sparks...
7
7

Who is liquidating the Lincoln Pro Mig 175 ?
Over the last few days, I've seen numerous new Lincoln Pro Mig 175's on ebay for under $500. Is someone liquidating them? I thought it might be Lowe's but the one near me still has them at regular...
1
1

Thermite Welding?
Thermite is used in the welding industry. If a mass of thermite was ignited in a container underwater, would it continue to burn? Fully submerged underwater.
15
15

It works!!!!!!!!!!!
Well today for the first time I had my whole setup out on a jobsite. Coleman Powermate 5500 Generator. Miller Maxstar 200DX Inverter. 3 Yellow Jacket 25' x 10 ga 14L20 connector extension cords...
6
6

Safe T-section chopping technique ?
I need to make a stock rack and was thinking of using T-section as the vertical supports. Say 2 x 2 x 1/4 or maybe slightly bigger in 1/4. I have a 14" dry cut saw and was wondering if there are any...
4
4

Found a Hypertherm 900 for sale $1300
I found a new never used Hypertherm 900 for sale the unit has a machine torch not a hand torch. The owner says its never been used and comes with all the papers. He also as a 4 x 4 CNC table that is...
1
1

INPUT CABLE WELDING MACHINE
I've 2 stick welding machine that I'd bought in Europe 1 Stick machine 115V 60Hz output 120A 30% duty cycle 2 Stick machine 220V 60Hz output 150A 30% duty cycle Which type of USA input cord ? Which...
1
1

Re: Dang, you really can arc weld cast iron
Didn't they age the old cast iron before machining?

Random questions
Finally got the plasma cutter that I've been wanting. The local welding supply had a great deal on CutMasters and I got a Cut Master 50 with a 1 Torch and a air drier. Is there a trick to to using the...
1
1

New guy to the group
Hi all. It looks as if I, like a lot in this NG would like to get into aluminum welding. I have a Century buzz box that I try to stick pieces of metal together with. I have a steel dock that I did a...
5
5

gas mixtures
Hi, can anyone fill me in on why CO2 allows for deeper penetration into your plate (normal mild steel) than a tri-mixture does, i.e. Tri-Mix (argon, CO2, helium)? I know from experience that there is...
9
9