Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

speed of stick vs oxy
Hi All, I'd be curious to know what type of speed difference a good experienced welder would see between using arc vs oxy. Let's say the material is 3/16 thick steel angle in a variety of...
5
5

Re: Miller TIG
Could you be more vague? Come on, you gotta give us more to go on than that. What is it's intended purpose? Does it have to be portable? Industrial or hobby use? Price range? You gotta give before you...
2
2

Stainless pipe in Seattle?
I'm looking for Schedule 40 stainless pipe in the Seattle area. Any ideas? Thanks, Bob
1
1

Re: Lincwelder AC250C Schematic wanted
Are you sure it isn't the same as the AC-250-K? There's a manual for it on their site and it shows the Arc Striking Control switch you mentioned. Even if it isn't the same it has a schematic and...
2
2

Weld Shrink?
Hi All, I am welding 4 inch .065" wall 316ss tubing for side pipes on a car. The idea is to butt weld the tubing, finish (grind) and then polish the welds so that they don't show at all. No matter...
6
6

Re: Fillet weld bead size
On a fillet weld on 14 ga steel, the bead should be about an 1/8" wide (.125"), so you are fine. Your amperage should be set at 100 amps. 0.074" = 74 amps + 30% (25 amps) = ~99 amps. If you can't get...
1
1

TIG high frequency trips GFIs in shop... WHY!!???
Okay you geniuses out there... I have a Miller Syncrowave 250 TIG machine. I normally use the high frequency start when welding, but 90% of the time, it trips a GFI outlet. This GFI is on a different...
5
5

HTP America
The people at HTP America, Inc. helped me out on my Century 160 for my aluminum welding devours as well as a few other things. Go to their site and order or ask questions. Nice folks.... Jeff Noland...
8
8

Plastic endcaps in WA?
I am looking for plastic endcaps for 1"x1" square tubing (.0625" wall if it matters). Just the simple, cheap, black plastic things that press into the tube and cap it off. When I lived in AZ, these...
1
1

Newbie tig welder
So I finally got a machine, what I would like to know is what spares you think I should keep around. I already got %2 Thoriated tungstens, and pure tungstens in 3/32, is that what I need for aluminum...
16
16

Pipe joining templates
Hi, does anyone know of a source of software to print out templates for making the proper cuts in pipe for joints. I just made a BBQ using 20" pipe and came out ok but my strategy for making the cuts...
4
4

Got a Ready Welder spool gun and some questions about it.
Hi guys, I'm hoping some of you will be able to answer my probably trivial questions. This is my first try at MIG welding or arc welding for that matter. I only have limited experience with OA. My...
1
1

Question for welders in Germany
Greetings: I have a Röwac G 251 E WIG DC welding machine. Water cooled, Baujahr 1989, serial number 1268. I would like a copy or original documents of the Service Manual and Wiring Schematic. I will...

Anyone know what happened to gowelding.com?
as per subject header, disappeared completely
4
4

Re: Dry Cut Saw Cut Performance
Buy a gallon of ZEP Big Orange, for about $25. It is a concentrated orange cleaner. Go here. ZEP's main page punch 0415 into the search window and it will come up. Find your local ZEP distributor....
1
1