Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

welding machine..
well, we looked it over and have been talking about it in class a lot and I really like the TIG welding...it looks challenging, awesome and very attractive. So basically, that's what I'm going for...a...
7
7

Spot welder help needed
Hi, Gang: I'm trying to home-brew a spot welder for 26ga sheet steel and not having very good luck. I started with a huge transformer (11" x 11" x 14") with the core in the shape of a hollow square...
3
3

Argon -V- Argon Mix for MIG Welding
Being just a hobby welder I can't afford to keep bottles of Aron (for the TIG) and Argon mix for the MIG on hand at all times. I understand that the mix wouldn't work for the TIG, but if it just kept...
3
3

Re: Newbie here...
(Line 6 Amp Man) wrote in news: Hello Ryan, For the machine your going to purchase for home use, are you looking for a machine that you can stick(SMAW), Tig, and Mig weld? Or are you asking about an...
1
1

Help describing workshop fitting.
I am currently in the process of selling a doo-dah on ebay. No, this isn't an ad, but if you want to have a look :.))) It's a sort of swivelling arm thing (same sort of mechanism as a desktop lamp)...
3
3

oh yeah...
and if you guys know of any resources to help me out with pipe welding or any tips and/or tricks, please email me or post here. thanks!

ten commandments of welding
ten commandments of welding 1. thou shalt not weld on an unpurged tank, for the noise will be very loud when the tank explodes and thy friends will console thy widow in ways generally unacceptable...
3
3

I got paid to weld today for the first time
During my current job-challenged situation I've been doing some work for a friend, putting up steel buildings. The buildings have tin roofs, and we have found that it's a lot easier to screw the roofs...
5
5

TIG back purge
For those of you TIG welding tubing with an back purge: How do you set up the purge gas flow? Do you use a dual flowmeter, with one line going to the TIG torch and the other feeding the purge? Or do...
2
2

Pictures of one of my projects
One of the houses I worked on in the last few years is featured in this article I did all the railings inside and out, the awning over the main door, the planters and the master bedroom fireplace. I...
26
26

SPOOLGUN
Does anyone know ANYTHING about an old Miller Spoolmatic 1 gun? How old? Pros and cons? Worth a darn? Worth what? I went to Miller's site but they have no information on it unless you buy the manual...
3
3

Using 3ph. welder on phase convertor..
OK, I finally got around to hooking up a big ol' 3ph. welder to my phase convertor to see how it works.. It works pretty good. The welder is an Idealarc DC-600, it's a CV/VV DC only machine rated to...
5
5

Motorcycle frames, what steel?
I would like to know what steel motorcycle frames are. I am considering building a bike. Also, what about sand rails (dune buggy's) and roll bars? Are they the same as motorcycle frames? Thanks for...
9
9

Searching for welding software
Hi I'm trying to make a survey on available welding software. The software which I'm interested in span from simple welding calculations to software which can assist in the programming of welding...
2
2

Re: help for a student
[[ This message was both posted and mailed: see the "To," "Cc," and "Newsgroups" headers for details. ]] Scroll down to Welding education