Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

347 Tig wire
I came across some 347 wire for sale and was wondering what stainless it will weld and also, could it be used for cast or carbon. Thanks, Kent
2
2

Readywelder Field report
So I set my Readywelder up to see what I could do with some theories. First up. I succesfully added a microswitch inside the readywelder to act as a contactor controller. This allows the Readywelder...
2
2

new tip style
Has anyone tried the new style Tragaskiss tips? Some new ones showed up today. The end has a triangular orifice. I was wondering what the purpose was. Nothing on the toughgun site yet. Randy
2
2

Pix of Aluminum weldment by MIG
Anyone know of a site that has pictures of a weld by a MIG gun? Need to know what a good weld looks like so I can strive for that when my gun comes in. I know what a TIG aluminum weld looks like....
4
4

More grinder cutoff safety...
Before I could afford a chopsaw, my 6" angle grinder was all I had to cut steel. It is a Porter Cable, made by Flex in Germany. I spent $25 to buy a cutoff guard. This guard is made of the same heavy...

I do not want to blow my self up
I have been monitoring this news group for some time and I have a question for those with more experience than me. My wife wants me to make a gong (bell) out of an old propane cylinder. She saw one at...
14
14

ESAB 161 bad torch kills unit !!
my 161 has been great thus far, but i ran into a issue with it about 6 weeks ago. using the HiFreq start mode i was welding fine for quite some time, then suddenly the unit would not shut off, the...
1
1

ESAB vs MILLER????
I have a ESAB plasma but am thinking about getting a miller mig. Now I see ESAB has a multi machine. How good is ESAB and does it out perform a Miller?
5
5

filters & eye strain
hi there, i have never been flashed yet in the few weeks i've been welding but after a exceptionally longe period of welding this weekend (where i used around 25 7014 rods) my eyes feel a bit...
13
13

Re: Plasma cutter suggestions for metal sculpture use
A freind bought a cheapie for @ $600 and it is miserable to work with.... We can't cut over any gaps and striking a startup arc is nasty as well. I recently bought a new Thermal Dynamics PAK38 from...

need cover
anyone know where i can get a cover for my easb 161 ??? thanks.

hair being lost
i have learned how to 'nod the helmet' which is helping me get my work done faster. the problem is that most of the time each nod is accompanied by a sharp pain as one of my hairs is pulled out of my...
7
7

Re: grinder/cut-off
I don't like using cutting wheels with angle grinders. I've been punched in the face a few times with them and I heard of a guy in our shop that got cut severely from it kicking back. I prefer using...

Re: How accurate is tank weight? Ways to estimate acetylene content?
There is really no way to tell for sure how much acetylene is in there unless you have a super accurate scale with a thermometer and you can do the calculations. We sell those cyl's as 10 cft but I...

Carbon ARC FEED
I am trying to build a device that will atomatically feed a carbon rod into an arc. I have the mechanics worked out using a couple of stepper motors. WHat I need to know is what parameter do I need to...
1
1