Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Welding on a new car bumper
My SIL is a good guy and treats my daughter good. He can't back a trailer for crap, though. He put two nice dings in my truck so far, and I've had to repair two trailers. He comes to me with his Yukon...
17
17

MIG / TIG Combo Work - Makes sense? (Aluminum)
Ok... Here is the deal. I with a variety of sheet thickness down to the limits of my machine I can get a passable weld in aluminum. By using heat sink metals at the ends I seem to be able to do ok...
1
1

Converting Miller GoldStar 300SS to single phase???
I recently sold a Miller GoldStar 300SS welder. It is a very basic three phase stick welder, SCR controlled. Old, big, heavy, simple and bulletproof. I showed it to the buyer, we did some sample welds...
8
8

Feeling better
Go to the doctor this Wednesday. Hope he will let me get back to some projects. Things are piling up, and I'd really like to do some MIG light stuff for home projects. I'm amazed I feel so good after...
5
5

replacement of CO2 in welding
is nitrogen a good solution to replace CO2 where this gas is needed in all welding cases? Thanks for your comments and experience reports. O. Marques
4
4

ESAB MULTIMASTER 160 MIG TIG WELDER
I'm looking to up grade from a 120v Century MIG to something better for my home shop. At work I have been using a large green NATO issue machine to do TIG on aluminum castings, and a Miller 251 MIG...
3
3

Using lighter shades when looking at arc welding from distance
Once in a while I have my son, or various visitors, see welding arcs, from some distance such as 10 feet. I give them a regular (not automatic) helmet and the standard shades are just too dark. The...
2
2

Need help with stoarge shelf design - help me get a new welder!
The most practical approach is to buy used shelving. i
51
51

Welding aluminum sheet - Burn through (sag out?) at the ends.
Practicing corner joints and T joints. Ok... Welding misc thin aluminum sheet (upto about 10 or 12 gauge) I can pretty much go right off the settings on the card on my Miller 212 and adjust for...
5
5

This is a Telwin Super Tig 250/1 AC/DC machine.
I found a TIG for sale... This is a Telwin Super Tig 250/1 AC/DC machine. Asking $800. I have not heard the name before and was wondering if its worth it. Here is a picture... yes its on Image...
3
3

Playing with the Pulser
--Finally got to a place where I think I need the Maxstar's pulser to make a weld, so I've been playing around with the parameters. I'm trying to weld a 3" long piece of 1/4" o.d. stainless tube to a...
5
5

Plasma cutter suggestions for Copper, Brass, Sheetmetal, Steel, etc...?
Hello All,... I'm currently looking to purchase a new Plasma Cutter for the following metals; - Copper and Brass sheet (12 to 36 ounce) - Steel sheet from to 1/4" plate (probably nothing thicker than...
4
4

Is millermatic 250 the same as 251/252 or not?
thanks
9
9

Pzap Plasma cutters?
Chinese so a bit of a coin toss.
2
2

ER4043 vs ER5356 when to use?
I've been using 4043 for TIG welding 6061-T6 need to replenish the stock but also need to look at welding some castings (think 5 step pulley and similar). Should I be looking at 5356 when and why?...
5
5