A-10 Nacelles/Cowls

I'm in the middle of building an A-10 from MAN plans (plan #FSP 08922). Plans call for the cowls to be made out of two liter plastic soda bottles plus the black plastic bases that used to come on the soda bottles. I've searched high and low for some of the plastic bases but so far haven't had any luck. Can anyone point me to a source for the bases.

Ozzy

Reply to
John D. & Elaine R. Osbon

Hi Ozzy, sorry to tell you but the bases they are talking about have been replaced by the formed bottom of the bottles, only one piece now instead of two.

You might try some small aluminum pan bottoms with a hole cut in the bottom and the edge bent inward. You can find some cheap, price and material, at some of the cut rate price stores like best lot's and any

99 cent store.

Hope this helps.

Richard D.

Former Airline Mechanic Credo:

We the will> I'm in the middle of building an A-10 from MAN plans (plan #FSP 08922).

Reply to
Richard D.

Ozzy, I'm afraid the bottle you describe are obsolete. In my country they were replaced by a one piece star base bottles since several years now. Nice to make a vintage cowl but not alot for you A10. Try to find in garden shops plastic pots commonly used for sowing. Good hunting, Daniel

Reply to
Daniel