AMA sending you a video unsolicited?

I'm clueless then, It plays fine on mine...

PCPhill

Reply to
PCPhill

Well, Fubar. If they continue to send you a bill for it, take the bill to your local postal inpector and file a complaint. They sent you the dvd illegally and now want you to pay for it.

Reply to
Vance

The thing that bugs me is that they are engaging in an illegal practice to try and sell these things. If you had followed the link I provided, that would have been obvious. You better believe that the first bill I get for this dvd is going to the postal inpectors office with a claim form.

Reply to
Vance

I finally received a DVD and request for payment or remail today.

don't mind. Can keep it and pay, keep it and not pay, watch it an return, copy and return, or throw it in the trash. Not a bad deal. They make it easy to return with the enclosed prepaid mailer. I wan more

-- mode

----------------------------------------------------------------------- mode1's Profile:

this thread:

mode1

I did pitch a major bitch. Their response was that the spammers... er.. marketing company they are dealing with has a good reputation and will not release our info. Two days later I got an email of apology FROM ONE OF THE SPAMMERS.

I notified AMA that I will not be renewing for 2006. AMA345531 has been supporting the AMA for 15 years, and that number will be available as of January 1, 2006.

It's outlaw fields for me from now on.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

Because by the time I got the box open enough to realize what it was, I would have had to drive to Kinkos and buy a replacement box to mail it back.

It doesn't need to be.

I did. They don't care.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

On Sun, 01 May 2005 21:54:13 GMT, Vance

Reply to
Rich Lockyer

There seem to be more than a few folks pissed off at the AMA over this deal. For those of you who really want to stick it to the AMA over this practice, the most costly thing to the AMA is for you to send it back. They paid to produce it, burn it, package it, ship it, and if you toss it, the cost ends there. If you send it back, there pay for the return shipping too.

John

Reply to
Honest John

No, they didn't. The marketing company they are dealing with is fronting all of the costs and will be sending a share of the profits (if any) to the AMA.

AMA has nothing at all to lose in this situation.

Except memberships. They think they have us by the balls because they think they are the only game in town.

I'm waiting for a few people with comparable personal insurance coverage to take them to court over flyng rights on publicly-owned fields. There would be no case against club fields, as AMA chartered clubs would be within their rights to restrict membership to AMA members, but clubs that happen to use public parks do not have the right to restrict access to that property. The park management has the right to require insurance equal to or better than AMA coverage, but to require AMA directly smacks of being illegal.

For the rest of us?

The California desert is full of dry lake beds with no people or property to damage for miles around.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

The issue is not whether or not your info is out there already. The issue is that of an organization passing it out without your permission.

And Marvin, I defy you to find my personal info on the internet!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Good for you! I seem to recall your posts to that effect.

Marketing companies get money for for these lists. Money talks! You know the rest.

Now that IS a surprise.

Welcome to the fold! I've been told my several they enjoy the hobby more now that they fly at a field where AMA influences are not allowed. Hope you find a good group like I have.

Reply to
Chuck Jones

How Horrace? By nominating you for an office? CFO perhaps? Personnaly I think that would be a great way for anyone who is disgusted with the AMA to get some revenge. Buut then, you only want one of your "friends" from RCU to do the nominating. Anyone step up to the plate yet?

You know Horrace. Dealing with the AMA and the collection of clowns that are elected, trying to get elected or think their hero IS the answer, is like slamming ones head into a brick wal over and over again. Eventually one realises that your head stops hurting when you stop the slamming.

Besides! I find the average IQ in a horse barn is far and away higher than what I find in charge of and trying to influence the AMA. With the exception of the new ED. My judgement on him is still out.

Another campaign pitch for you Horrace? Want we should be your buddies and nominate you? I'd do it if I were a member. But then, I do have a rather nasty sense of humor at times.

I didn't resign. I simply didn't re-join when I got back into this. But I will say, I fly more now than I did when I was AMA. And I have more fun at the field now. We talk airplanes and models and even horses. And nary a word about the AMA except maybe for a good laugh!

Thanksfor providing the next laugh Horrace.

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Hmmm! What was that phrase? Oh yea!

When in the course of human events.......

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Keep the DVD and just send the pre paid envelope back. Maybe then they'll get the idea?

But I for one doubt it.

Reply to
Chuck Jones

You know, when you think about it, what a scam this is. What do you think the cost to make these DVD's is? 50 cents each maybe? Another buck (just guessing here) for packaging, handling, etc?

How many un returned DVD's are covered by just one person sending in the money? And the returned DVD's are simply recycled until they find a sucker!

In the meantime, based on those who DO pay, the AMA is slowing building a data base of those they know they can scam. IOW, suckers!

Enjoy your DVD's guys.

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Well, Chuck[if that's your real name], if you have a license of any kind, own property, pay taxes, yada, yada, yada--there is plenty of info on you on the internet. And no, I am not going to look, because I don't care. I was making a general comment; not one about you personally.

Reply to
Marvin

read that page all the way through. An organization has to meet one of two criteria to mail merchandise to you unsolicited and AMA does not meet either one.

Reply to
Vance

I got one. It looked like DVDs, so I discarded it without opening it. (I have no DVD player.) "Vance" have to pay for any items sent to me without my consent. I did not order

Reply to
Mike Norton

I have discarded the box unopened. _Anyone_ who sends me something I didn't ask for gets the same treatment - the trash can, with NO REPLY.

Reply to
Mike Norton

Well Marvin: If thats your real name! I hope you are blessed with dozens of spams arising from the ama giving out your personal information. Of coarse most people have personal info available on the internet but it is so much nicer for the spammers to be given your name and address on a silver platter.

Reply to
Sparky