AMA sending you a video unsolicited?

I have been flying for many years. First on my dad's farm and now on my own property. I and the other guys who fly here have never felt the need to pay some organization for the priveledge of using my own property. Maybe being in Canada makes a difference, but I don't think so.

Reply to
Sparky

I vote to include a copy of the web page cited earlier in the otherwise empty box. If the marketer loses enough money, maybe they'll get the hint.

Eric Van Norman

Sorry about using the word "behest" incorrectly. And that is the only word that I caught. I wonder how many other words were used incorrectly?

NI

Reply to
notimprest

Am I a Brown supporter? I have been. Am I against Mr. Brown? No. Am I for Mr. Brown? No. I am out of touch with the AMA and what is going on. I am so out of touch with what is going on that I really shouldn't call anyone names. My apologies to my fellow toeheads.

I don't understand the current need for extra revenue, although when I was serving in various positions within our club(s), extra money was always a good thing to have.

Ten dollars isn't going to break me today. So it isn't the money for the unsolicited stuff they are sending me that rubs me wrong. It is the unsolicited nature of the whole thing.

I might have bought the AMA's disk and medallion for twice as much, IF they had offered it to me conventionally. It is the strong arm sales technique that bothers me. Maybe I'm just old fashioned.

I'm too ill to get involved in politics at any level. Besides, BTDT, with no need to go back. Let the young'uns do the fighting.

NI

Reply to
notimprest

I've saved the emails... including the bounced emails to the people at HQ that I had previously communicated with via email.

And also a confirmation that the AMA program WAS the source of the spam... though HQ denied it.

Just me and my buddy and a few snowbirds :)

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

None that mattered intrinsically :)

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

On Mon, 02 May 2005 21:54:00 GMT, Vance

Reply to
Rich Lockyer

Say, Vance, like, uh, you know, uh, like...what's a dvd?

:-)

Mike Mandaville Austin The United States of Texas

Reply to
MikeMandaville

I enjoyed it

$9.00 isn't going to change my life style

I appreciated the service.

just my 2c

Reply to
bob.neville

I think you missed the point. When I recieved the package I ripped it open, destroying it. Then I found an unsolicited product yhat I didn't want. Then the AMA expected me to repackage the unwanted product and take it to the post office. Fuck them. I get paid to work like just about everyone else. I don't think Chuck or anyone else is trying to be a big man. If you want to eat the AMA's shit - be my guest.

Reply to
zara

2 cents worth of tape, 1 cents worth of ink, and the next time I got my mail from my mailbox (or went to the post office to get mail from the PO box), I deposited it in the mail. No pain, no sweat, basically no effort.

You, however, seem overly traumatized. Surely you have more dramatic things in your life to worry about?

Jack

Reply to
Jack Goff

Because the return postage cost to AMA or its agents would be more than the cost of the DVD, so a more gracious act would be simply to put it in the trash? Just guessing, but I think it's a prety good guess.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but around here, feelings of obligation generated by receipt of unsolicited merchandise -- even from the worthiest of causes -- are approximately zero.

Reply to
John Miller

Probably trying to find out how many people will sign up for more videos before they make anymore. If they don't get enough, they won't make anymore.

Reply to
Robert A. Plourde Jr.

If I get a bill, that's exactly what I will do with it. I bet what is happening is, the video company is just trying to pull the wool over the AMA's eyes and getting away with it, for the most part.

"Vance"

Reply to
Robert A. Plourde Jr.

I think it terrible that they send an unsolicited item to the members with words to the effect that you don;t have to send it back or send payment then send more letters that they want the money or the disc back! I am NOT sending it back! AND I am NOT sending in any money! Thanks AMA!

Reply to
Checkursix