AMA Survey

The latest AMA Survey covering Model Aviation may be seen at the AMA web site.

-- Red Scholefield AMA 951 Dist. V Leader Member/CD

Reply to
Red Scholefield

That was an interesting read. Thanks Red! Apperently, most people (-/+ 3.8% with 95% confidence) feel as I do. Model Aviation is a worthwhile publication.

Wiz

Red Scholefield wrote:

Reply to
Mike Wizynajtys

hmm, can't get the link to work.

jeboba

There's nothing i like more than finding a love letter from "jeboba" :

You will need adobe acrobat reader (Which is free for download).

Reply to
SjT

The link was broken slightly; the "F" wa missing on the extension (i.e., it is a "PDF" file vice "PD"). So, when you click on it, it won't work. But the incomplete URL is in the address line so add the missing "F" and try again. Should work fine.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

Where might those of us without an AMA account get to have a squint at it out of interest?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

MK

DOH! I know that! I have acrobat, etc. although the link in the ng was split, I entered it all and the site didn't work! K?

Reply to
jeboba

I find that hard to believe. Most AMA members I know also think the magazine is a rag and the AMA should stop forcing me to pay for it.

Gary

gary koester

Really? How about a little informal survey right here?

I'm an AMA member and I like getting the magaine.

Anyone else for or against?

Jim Beck

Reply to
James Beck

I was/will be again an AMA member and I always enjoyed the magazine. No other magazine covered model aviation in such variety.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

In news:coPPc.16335$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc02.gnilink.net, jeboba pecked:

Don't forget that trailing 'F'. It'll work.

-- Dave Thompson

Reply to
Dave Thompson

Don't forget to add that important $58 check so you have an AMA number.

Reply to
AAA

Steve, you have to be an AMA member to get it from the web site, but since you are in the UK I'll send it to you back channel. snipped-for-privacy@zord.co.uk I hope this works.

Red S. AMA 951

Reply to
Red Scholefield

It worked - thanks.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

AMA230068 here and I read Model Aviation cover to cover every month. As you could infer from my AMA number, I am not exactly a newbie in the hobby, but I usually learn at least something new that's applicable to me each month. Some examples of the recent nuggets include the detailed engine / prop info in the last two issues as well as the information on putting chokes in to eliminate RX noise that was creeping in via the BEC on my Zagi's speed controller. The recent helicopter review also opened my eyes as to how much simpler those things have become over the years - tempting... Anyway, as far as I am concerned - keep up the good work!! That "rag" puts a smile on my face every time it shows up :)

Reply to
Buford Q. Boggswell

The last time the AMA offered membership without the magazine so few signed up not to get it that it wasn't worth the trouble. Of course that was several years back when the majority of the membership could read. :-) We have come a long way since then. Now we have people asking for plans to build a field box or a work bench.

I'll still take the magazine and enjoy it.

-- Red S. AMA951 "I speak the truth, not so much as I would, but as much as I dare; and I dare a little more as I grow older." Montaigne

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Now I will probably get banged for giving out sensitive AMA data to people not authorized to receive it. Be that as it may, how does the survey compare to your observations in the UK?

-- Red Scholefield AMA 951 Dist. V Leader Member/CD

Reply to
Red Scholefield

I enjoy the AMA magazine. Read it every month. My AMA number is 10042

-- mode

this thread:

mode1