Anyone recognize this battery connector?

Hi.
I have the draganfly IV helicopter, which uses 11.1 V Li-Po batteries, with the connector shown in this photo:
http://www.cooper.edu/~wolf/connector.jpg
Does anyone recognize the conector? I've found a much cheaper source for the batteries, but I need to get my hands on several of the connectors, since I have to mate the batteries to the connector on the motherboard.
The vertical dimension (height) of the connector is about 7/8 of an inch.
Thanks!
snipped-for-privacy@blah.com wrote:

I don't know what its called, but I saw something similar to that at a radio shack in town
--
Hugs are great gifts,
One size fits all.
On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 19:22:25 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@blah.com wrote:

I believe the ones at Radio Shack are a Molex type connector. You can buy better quality Molex (brand) connectors from a commercial electronics supplier, such as Graybar. They are very similar to the photo you posted.
Tom
Lots of loss with connectors of this type. You're probably using a measurable amount of the battery power just getting through these connectors. Power that could translate into longer flight time and better performance.
As I think someone suggested, you'd be better off with changing out all connectors to something like a Sermos or Deans. You can find both through Tower, Hobby Lobby or probably at your LHS.
Chuck

That's true, but the mating connector is soldered directly to the "motherboard" of the Draganflyer. However it's not an insurmountable problem.
I have one here at work, and it's actually fun to fly. I've been flying airplanes for 25 years plus, but helicopters are new to me and I am getting a taste of "newbie" orientation problems all over again. Fun challenge! And what a laugh with LiPoly batteries - 15 minutes hover time or so.
Mike D.

I don't recognize that particular connector, but it appears to be about the same size & type as the "Mini" Tamiya plug carried by Maxx Products (#2913)...
Fact is, this type of plug is notorious for power loss (voltage drop due to high resistance). There are much better aftermarket plugs available.
Cheers,
Bill

can anyone post their DF battery connector mods? thanks in advance.
--
ajc3487