Dope thinner

Have I ever even once suggested not using appropriate practices to minimize exposure to MEK? Not once have I done this. I think it is simply good practice to treat every chemical as potentially toxic and minimize your exposure.
On the other hand you have continually emphasized how dangerous this particular chemical is in your uneducated opinion. But never once have you provided any documentation at all to support that position. And I have loaded you with documented facts that show that it is not particularly dangerous. Using it is considerably less dangerous then routine driving on the highway. More people die each year from drinking too much water then die from MEK ingestion. In fact I learned your own body makes MEK thanks to your suggestion that I should learn some biology.
So your claims about it being particularly dangerous ring hollow and meaningless. Life is inherently dangerous and we are not all going to live in a cave and isolate ourselves. Even living in a cave is not so safe based on life expectancys of primative man.
Yet you continue to harp on the very dangerous nature of this particular chemical for reasons known only to yourself. You fail to share data you claim to have in your hands. I can only conclude you are a bit of the header on this whole topic, namely a dope, or you have been caught lying and are not enough of a man to admit you knew zero about what you were talking about. Either way it matters very little.
I simply hope that reasonable people on this list have learned a little something about how to view chemicals and how to handle them with prudence. Perhaps also a little about how to educate themselves on the dangers of any chemical they happen to be using. And with luck they will have learned that nitro containing glo fuel is a nasty mix and contains known carcinogens and should be handled with respect. Do not breath the fumes and do not get it in your mouth for instance. I should also point out that CA debonder is pure nitro methane. So perhaps cleaning CA off your fingers with debonder is not the best idea.
I would also hope that now that you have been told how dangerous nitro containing fuel really is, regardless of lack of anything on the label, that you will never fly glo fuel containing nitro again. If you are going to be consistant you have no choice and must never fly glo again that contains nitro. But I doubt if being consistant is possible or reasonable to expect of a dope.
The ugly facts which I have provided with documentation are MEK does not cause cancer as you claimed and is not particularly dangerous as you claimed. Face it you have no facts and are ignorant as a stump.
So either put up or shut up and let the rest of us live in peace.
On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 07:35:29 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and snipped-for-privacy@scn.org instead replied:

Well they wouldn't learn that from you. All you ever did was deny that MEK was dangerous asking for me to read you the label. Take remedial reading next time. -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

No, all we have CONSISTENLTY done, is to deny that it is *AS* DANGEROUS AS *YOU* SAID IT WAS.
It is in fact mo more (or less) dangerous than many other similar organic solvents.
And considerably *less* dangerous than some of the aromatics, and some of the chlorinated hydrocarbons.
Try a google on tri- or tetra-chloro-ethane for example.
Or any of the clothes dry cleaning fluids, then thing twice about stuffing the dry cleaning on the car seat and driving home..
instead replied:

Ray, Do we need to quote you where YOU specifically instructed someone to drink the stuff?
Speaking of putting words in peoples mouths, how do you like the set that you put there yourself? Oh, by the way this post absolutely proves that you really are a prevaricating sack of whale droppings.
Why don't you take your attempts at the trickery of folks and go back to the magic forum where you belong.
On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 19:02:21 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card"
replied:

Go ahead. Can't do it. -- Ray

You could even become human and admit that you went way over the top after making a common mistake. Others have done that, publicly even.
Cheers!
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 04:11:47 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card"
replied:

And yet again, it cannot be shown. Why?: Because I didn't do it. Pretend all you want. You snipped the bit that I replied to which changes your intention, sadly. -- Ray
On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 19:21:02 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and snipped-for-privacy@scn.org instead replied:

None of what you wrote makes one bit of difference. MEK is a dangerous chemical which can be used safely or unsafely. Your choice. -- Ray
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:18:05 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and snipped-for-privacy@scn.org instead replied:

It's clear to me that the inmates now run the asylum.
I give up. You are absolutely correct. According to you, MEK is safe enough to drink, use as aftershave, deodorant and mouthwash. After all, you have documents to prove it. -- Ray

Put up or shut up liar.
SNIP

Ray,
I think it would be instructive for all if you will show exactly where he used those words. While I can see that you have done your level best to put them in his mouth, I have yet to see him or any other poster accept your wordsmithing for them. In other words, prove he actually said those things and do so without saying it is the same thing as saying it. Anything less is beneath what you would like to be.
You want more words? Prove he said the words you keep trying to tell us he said because I have not been able to find them. Anything less might be considered as proof that you are what others are beginning to say about you.

Actually those have been Ray's words all along... I may be a smart a$$ but at least I'm not as big a Dumb A$$ as he has been presenting himself.
OBTW glad to see your still alive and kicking. -- Keith Schiffner Resident Idiot
On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 03:29:25 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card"
replied:

I'm exaggerating for effect. My prerogative. All of those who have been arguing with me begin with a nonsensical comparison of MEK to some other compound considered safe by normal folk. Those frustrated "wish they were fighter pilots" with more testosterone than brains are flogging a dead horse and still maintaining that MEK is safe.
More power to them. They're idiots. -- Ray
I'm with Mr. Haddad- I never use MEK, based on the thiry year-old popular info we used to get in the workplace. If you like it, go ahead and bathe in it if you so choose. Put it on your cornflakes in the morning- it's harmless, remember? It can be a Darwinian thing...     It sounds like a no-brainer to me, I try to minimize exposure to these chemicals as much as possible. I'm avoiding MEK altogether, because to use it anywhere is to breathe it, and I try not to get epoxy, dope and thinner, fuel, acetone, lead from solder etc on my fingers and hands any more than is unavoidable. None of that stuff is good for you.         It ain't that difficult... Paul
On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 16:20:59 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Spot on, Paul. Down here in Australia, asbestos is a huge problem. A nationwide company used it against warnings back in the 1950s and nearly every home in Australia is affected by the use in some way. People here do a lot of DIY stuff and when they start ripping out the old asbestos panels, roofs or fences, the entire neighborhood becomes subject to clouds of airborne asbestos particles. The workers are all dressed up from head to toe in filtering and protective clothing handling the stuff while children on their way to school walk by.
Every now and again an idiot comes out and states that there's really nothing all that dangerous with asbestos.
Sounds a lot like the MEK crowd here. They should all gather at the MEK Cafe for lunch. -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

Put up or shut up. No data provided is proof of no data available magician. Hardly a profession which qualifies you technically for anything.
On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 17:11:44 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and snipped-for-privacy@scn.org instead replied:

Taking on your theory requires no effort aside from allowing you to use MEK as your heart desires. You go for it, mate. You will reap your rewards for that. Just don't advise others to be as casual as you are regarding MEK or any other dangerous fluids or materials.
There will be no "put up" other than to redirect you to the label on the MEK can. As to the "shut up" bit, that's up to you. -- Ray
SNIP

Really? I put the MSDS out there for everyone...reasonable people would accept what is on the MSDS all others are not smart enough to be called a newt. -- Keith Schiffner So what's so bad about HARD proven data?
Like I said- Do whatever you want with MEK. I hear it's good in martinis. It's harmless, remember?     Then get back to me in 20 years Or not. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it, and I can get along real well without it.                 -Uncle Pauly
snipped-for-privacy@scn.org wrote:

"Ray Haddad" > wrote

These are YOUR words. Yours alone. Lies, again.

PLEASE DO ! ! !
--
Jim in NC