Dope thinner

Many Lacquer thinners have MEK as one of the major ingredients.

A funny thing happened. I just happen to have an Australian friend. So I asked him to check the MEK at his local hardware store and see if the label said anything about it causing cancer. Guess what? Not a word. Methinks Ray made up the whole story and got caught with his pants around his ankles. Probably this is why he refuses to give out manufacturers name, lot number and label statement that he falsely claims is on the product.

Ed if you only consume small quantities it will more likely cause you to gain weight then lose weight. It is a very high calorie chemical. You need to eat enough to get into the toxic range before it would result in weight loss as shown by any number of long term animal studies.

Reply to
bm459

On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 07:33:35 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and snipped-for-privacy@scn.org instead replied:

I'm American. MEK is labeled that way in America.

See what I mean about the nutters advising you to drink it?

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

I am an American and I can assure you I can not find a single container of MEK with a cancer warning on the label. But then I do not live in CA where the government decides what causes cancer, including such items as playbox sand. In the rest of the US scientists decide.

The fact remains you have refused to supply the label statement warning of cancer, lot number and manufacturer of any MEK product so your claims are simply lies. The reason for your refusal is there is no such label statement.

You also lie when you say I advised anyone at anytime to drink it.

You seem to be very factually challenged Ray. Totally unable to tell the truth. That makes you the nutter.

Did you happen to know that you also consume methanol every day? It is a normal part of many foods you eat. And your own body produces it as a natural metabolite. Of course in large quantities it can kill you. Again, as always, the dose makes the poison.

Put up or shut up.

Reply to
bm459