Dope thinner

PLEASE don't tell him that.hes gonna DIE OF FRIGHT.

The only MEK related death this century...

Or if they are diabetics...in need of an injection..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 19:21:02 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and snipped-for-privacy@scn.org instead replied:

None of what you wrote makes one bit of difference. MEK is a dangerous chemical which can be used safely or unsafely. Your choice.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 05:22:14 +0100, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and The Natural Philosopher instead replied:

I use MEK when necessary. I also use it following the safety procedures recommended on the container. I also never simply advise someone else to use it without regard to safety. I also don't tell stories (read that to be lies) about how safe it is simply because I don't believe the safety warnings.

See how that works, NP? It's really rather simple.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

If you don't believe the safety warnings, Ray, how come you are all so uptight about it.

Er..I suspect that its something else that is raher simple, with a low animal cunning that fools nobody, around here.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:35:17 +0100, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and The Natural Philosopher instead replied:

Oh, I believe them. That's why I advise caution rather than bring up countless stories about how safe it is.

Fooled you. See the above reply.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Have I ever even once suggested not using appropriate practices to minimize exposure to MEK? Not once have I done this. I think it is simply good practice to treat every chemical as potentially toxic and minimize your exposure.

On the other hand you have continually emphasized how dangerous this particular chemical is in your uneducated opinion. But never once have you provided any documentation at all to support that position. And I have loaded you with documented facts that show that it is not particularly dangerous. Using it is considerably less dangerous then routine driving on the highway. More people die each year from drinking too much water then die from MEK ingestion. In fact I learned your own body makes MEK thanks to your suggestion that I should learn some biology.

So your claims about it being particularly dangerous ring hollow and meaningless. Life is inherently dangerous and we are not all going to live in a cave and isolate ourselves. Even living in a cave is not so safe based on life expectancys of primative man.

Yet you continue to harp on the very dangerous nature of this particular chemical for reasons known only to yourself. You fail to share data you claim to have in your hands. I can only conclude you are a bit of the header on this whole topic, namely a dope, or you have been caught lying and are not enough of a man to admit you knew zero about what you were talking about. Either way it matters very little.

I simply hope that reasonable people on this list have learned a little something about how to view chemicals and how to handle them with prudence. Perhaps also a little about how to educate themselves on the dangers of any chemical they happen to be using. And with luck they will have learned that nitro containing glo fuel is a nasty mix and contains known carcinogens and should be handled with respect. Do not breath the fumes and do not get it in your mouth for instance. I should also point out that CA debonder is pure nitro methane. So perhaps cleaning CA off your fingers with debonder is not the best idea.

I would also hope that now that you have been told how dangerous nitro containing fuel really is, regardless of lack of anything on the label, that you will never fly glo fuel containing nitro again. If you are going to be consistant you have no choice and must never fly glo again that contains nitro. But I doubt if being consistant is possible or reasonable to expect of a dope.

The ugly facts which I have provided with documentation are MEK does not cause cancer as you claimed and is not particularly dangerous as you claimed. Face it you have no facts and are ignorant as a stump.

So either put up or shut up and let the rest of us live in peace.

Reply to
bm459

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 07:35:29 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and snipped-for-privacy@scn.org instead replied:

Well they wouldn't learn that from you. All you ever did was deny that MEK was dangerous asking for me to read you the label. Take remedial reading next time.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

No, all we have CONSISTENLTY done, is to deny that it is *AS* DANGEROUS AS *YOU* SAID IT WAS.

It is in fact mo more (or less) dangerous than many other similar organic solvents.

And considerably *less* dangerous than some of the aromatics, and some of the chlorinated hydrocarbons.

Try a google on tri- or tetra-chloro-ethane for example.

Or any of the clothes dry cleaning fluids, then thing twice about stuffing the dry cleaning on the car seat and driving home..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reply to
Bozett95

Ray, Do we need to quote you where YOU specifically instructed someone to drink the stuff?

Speaking of putting words in peoples mouths, how do you like the set that you put there yourself? Oh, by the way this post absolutely proves that you really are a prevaricating sack of whale droppings.

Why don't you take your attempts at the trickery of folks and go back to the magic forum where you belong.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 19:02:21 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "Six_O'Clock_High"

Reply to
Ray Haddad

ROFLOL!

Actually dood, I think you need to figure out where reality is because clearly too much of that magic fairy dust has settled on your aluminum beanie. Like water, MEK is dangerous. Going much further than that is simply proof of fantastic delusions, which also has been your forte for the last 10 years or so.

For a wanna be magic man, you sure do have a short memory. Here is the quote. Please stop being a princess and note the date/time stamp.

You could even become human and admit that you went way over the top after making a common mistake. Others have done that, publicly even.

Cheers!

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 04:11:47 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "Six_O'Clock_High"

Reply to
Ray Haddad

| When I read the label on my can it says nothing at all about causing | cancer or being particularly hazardous to use. So reading my label | does not help.

Wait ... you found a product that has NOT been found to cause cancer in the State of California? Wow! Alert the press!

(Personally, I live in Texas, so I'm glad that all these products I use won't cause cancer in me, as they're only known to cause cancer in California. But I hear it's a nice place, and I hear the slope flying is great, so I need to get out there sometime -- but I need to do all my building here, because there, it causes cancer!)

(:

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Reply to
Bozett95

"Bozett95" wrote

The point that is too obvious to deny, is that you are as dense as Ray. Or is that stoopid?

Or..is that you...Ray?

Gads.

Plonk

Reply to
Morgans

Ladies and Gentlemen, Another Mental Giant- "Morgans" Yeah, you can count me as a skeptic on this one, and in good company. -Uncle Pauly

Reply to
Bozett95

Use lacquer thinner,

I use it all the time for cleaning dope brushes

Reply to
stearman

I need to lose about 125 lbs. or so. Where can I get a drum of this dope thinner inyway?

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 11:27:22 -0400, Ed Cregger wrote in :

Lowe's in Springville, NY, is selling MEK for about $19 a gallon.

55 x $19 = $1045.

I'm hoping Home Depot may have it in quart sizes. I only want a small quantity.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ